Curious how many “addicts” on here

(Robin) #1

That Rebel ice cream tempted me at first. Until I realized I would HAVE TO ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO EAT THE ENTIRE PINT IN ONE SITTING. I am too undisciplined if I get even a whiff of the forbidden whatever. So… none for me. But I do love watching other people eat carbs, drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. They are my tribe and sometimes I miss them. But I hope I outlive them.

Keto is my first healthy addiction. Wondering how many other “addictive personalities“ are on here.

(Laurie) #2

Oh yeah.

I’ve never been interested in drugs or alcohol, so I’m regarded as a goody two shoes. But I’m definitely an addict.

(UsedToBeT2D) #3

Ditto that. Still working to stop the unhealthy ones.

I sure feel like an addict when I’m struggling to stop eating carb enriched foods. I’m also amazed at how much better I feel when I am able to stop the carb addiction. Both mentally and physically.

(Susan) #5

I have been addicted to dieting all my life, so now I am addicted to Keto --way better. I have an addictive personality -so I have never got involved with smoking, drugs or much drinking --not really interested anyway --I tried cigarettes when 14, coughed tons, threw up, was over that. Drinking is a very seldom thing for me and only a couple of drinks now if I drink at all. I am addicted to an online game I play though and to Keto. Keto is the healthiest addiction I am on now though! It is closely related to my anorexia though–so I have to keep tabs on that. I often feel a massive guilt after I eat --so I am working on that =).

(Robin) #6

Keep at it. If you can beat carbs, you’ve got what it takes.

ME! Like a pint of ice cream is a lot? PFFT! Gotta eat it! Way better to overeat something you can actually eat than eating complete garbage the actually screws you up.

@Momof5 I’ve always said (having one myself) that an addictive personality can be just as much as a positive as a negative! I seem to be addictied to a lot of stuff I like but not the bad stuff, smoking grosses me out, came from a family of smokers so that was never an issue, LOVE drinking, but everything I like will fatten me up, being a biohacker, LOTTA drugs going into me, but nothing that makes me high, I think that where it gets slippery for people. But have done some cool crap with them so hopefully it doesn’t all kill me LOL.

(Robin) #8

I always learn new phrases on here. Had to look up bio hacking. What are your hacks, any supplements not usually mentioned on here?

My proudest ones so far is getting rid of my back pain which I’ve been dealing with for 20yrs and taking tons of painkillers for, that was fixed with Peptides (BPC-157 & TB500), and in the last 6mo I’ve reversed my grey hairs both on my face and head. A couple different things I’m doing may have done that, so unfortunately I’m not sure which one but it’s either Fo-Ti (herb) or the HGH I take every night. That one has also noticeably de-aged me. Plus testosterone which does a lot for energy, muscle etc. Most of my supps are the normal ones, but I try to get the best sources of them when I can. Bout twice a year I have my doc IV me with the kitchen sink (Meyers Cocktail), you leave feeling like you can fly! Also like nootropics! Pricey though!

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

I went from a bread addict to a pink salt addict. I can not get enough of that stuff.

(Marianne) #11

Me, too. There are just some keto foods that are so delicious, they are my personal kryptonite - keto ice cream, nuts, keto pizza. Nuts I avoid completely as it is impossible to eat only a small handful without fighting the compulsion to binge on them, homemade keto ice cream I have only once in a while, and keto pizza, I try to limit to two small squares.

(Robin) #12

I could happily eat just one steak and a pint of rebel ice cream every day. But that is dreadfully near my slippery slope.

(Tovan Nhsh) #13

Out of curiosity - what game?

(Bob M) #14

Are addicts not able to have portion control?

I saw a post on Twitter about someone basically saying we could have pasta if we had portion control and citing an article. I replied with a comment effectively saying as soon as there’s portion control, I’m out. The article showed small portions of (home-made) pasta, but also showed a large plate of pasta. I’d eat the large plate and be hungry 30 minutes later.

So, I just don’t eat pasta. In the last 7 years, I’ve had pasta maybe a handful of times, most of those when I couldn’t not eat it (e.g., a wedding).

The reason I eat low carb is because I can eat as much as I want…while losing weight.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

I’m sorry, what language is this in? You used words I don’t understand. Especially the last two. :grin:

(Robin) #16

AMEN to that! We’re in the same tribe!

(Robin) #17

I looked them up. They are unicorns. Mythical.

(Doug) #18

“If one is good then ten are great.” My whole life.

(KCKO, KCFO) #19

Yes, we are from the same trip, OldDoug.

That was me most of my adult life.

(Robin) #20

Reverse aging? Sounds like a commercial that would say, “But wait, there’s more! Order now and you get…” I am, obviously, intrigued! I don’t care about my grey. But still… tell me more, or better yet… do you have before after pictures?