Crisis: I really don't like eating this way

I don’t cook w/ tofu. I have had it when I am eating out in an Asian restaurant and it’s OK, but I don’t want to mess w/ it myself. And the hormone questions gave me pause as well. As far as tempeh and tofu as fake meat, I would much rather eat the real thing than the fake thing. Tempeh bacon, tofurkey, bleaghh!

Yeah those hard things they sell in supermarkets are horrible.

(7ffe4032b7ad53595f0c) #80

Sub out the agave and syrup for a low carb sweetener like erythritol or Xylitol. Be careful they take a second for your body to get used eating. Or Stevia or just omit.

(7ffe4032b7ad53595f0c) #81

It sounds like you are still adapting hence desire for bread and pasta. Keep at it and I know there are versions on fettuccine made of egg and cream cheese I heard Carl talk about.

ok Its tempeh cut thin, makes sense… the marinade sounds super yummy

(Charlotte) #83

OMG you MUST try hemp seeds! Shelled hemp seeds (often called hemp hearts) have a subtle nutty taste (which I like, but it’s easy to disguise if you don’t), and there are 11g of protein, 14g of fat and only 1g net carbs (2g carbs total, 1g of which is fiber) for 3 tablespoons, so they’re a pretty awesome non-animal-protein choice for keto, They’re also high in omega 3s, and I’ve personally found them very easy on my (sometimes cranky) digestive system. They’re great sprinkled on salads, and can be used to make pretty tasty keto faux oatmeal too:

Why I had to STOP KETO after 2 years :(

Ah I will look for that recipe in the 2kd website. I don’t know if there will be ever a moment I will not love bread and pasta or rice etc. Never say never, but I’d be really surprised. But I am not really craving them. More than missing them I am being displeased with what I can have, maybe because of the drop of appetite and certainly because I haven’t looked around for new things to try that aren’t necessarily “cowboy food”. This thread has been very helpful for me to understand this bit.
I am adapted in the sense that I completely lost appetite, but maybe other changes come around later on. I do agree that with time one can get used to anything. We’re adaptable creatures.

My sister makes keto “oatmeal” most mornings for breakfast. She uses ground flaxseed and almond meal. According to her it is quite good.

Wow! I am going to buy them! Thanks!

Thanks for the link I will watch the video.

I’ll try that too. Maybe there is a solution for me after all.

Add some cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and/or cardamom; maybe some fresh berries, and heavy cream. Very keto breakfast, or lunch, or dinner!

Thank you for that link. I had initially seen the first part but not the part with recipes. I am certainly going to move in that direction so that site may turn out very useful for me!

(Katie) #91

His main website

(7ffe4032b7ad53595f0c) #92

I think he says it was on here:

www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com

Maybe use green beans?

(Jamie Marie ) #94

Have you tried making a flatbread out of Fathead pizza dough? My family loves it. I mix rosemary powder or smoked paprika into the almond flour before mixing with the cheese. I form it into a plump little rectangle, coat it with olive oil, and sprinkle it with herbs de Provence. It makes an incredible accompaniment to stews, soups, chilis, and chowders. I’m planning on trying it to make sandwich bread or hamburger buns with it, but haven’t gotten around to it just yet.

There are a lot of different options out there, and I’m sure you’ll be able to find a good base of recipes that you enjoy, and you’ll be loving your food again. It’ll just take a little experimentation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice site with recipes. I am really beginning to see the solution to my problem. You guys have suggested it from the start but I resisted looking for vegan or vegetarian recipes for keto. But that’s where I really need to head to, so I can continue doing keto without fighting with myself.

I listened to the interview by the 2kd and also heard the modifications of Carl ( no egg I think it was? and later he did something about the cheese?). I will give it a try and also make pizza on my (fenomenal and beloved and very affordable) Ferrari pizza oven.

(Jamie Marie ) #97

Sometimes I forget to add the egg in, and it’s good with and without. I’ve not tried it without the cream cheese.

I’ve never seen that sort of pizza maker before. Oh, I see Breville does one…god I love kitchen gadgets :slight_smile: