COVID and sclerosis

(Tim Cee) #1

Just wondering speculatively, since COVID affects the vascular system, might we expect a massive acceleration in the risk of sclerotic vascular disease in persons who had COVID and subsequently had poor lipid health?

Nothing to back it up, but given the systemic inflammation it causes for many I’d think there would have to be a link there. I think if they truly had poor lipid health like very high sdLDL on top of inflammation it definitely wouldn’t be an ideal situation. That’s when I’d get on my cholesterol cheats ASAP.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

I think we’re going to see a lot more disease and death caused by the so-called ‘mRNA vaccines’ than from COVID itself over the next few years. For example, how many healthy young men have to drop dead on the playing fields before the dangers of these so-called ‘vaccines’ are recognized?

(Bob M) #4

Holy crap, Michael, is that misinformation. What “athletes” or “young men” have died from the vaccine? Hundreds of millions of vaccine doses, very few side effects. Are there people who have died, potentially linked to the vaccine? Yes, but it’s vanishingly small.

Meanwhile:

And this is common. See it all the time.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #5

I think we’ll find out soon enough, Bob, who’s spreading misinformation. Stay tuned, the narrative evolves as we joust.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

My standard warning to STAY AWAY FROM POLITICAL COMMENTARY. Is that so hard? Do you want me to close this thread, too?

(Tim Cee) #7

This is supposed to be a ‘show me the science’ thread. Let’s take the mechanical question at hand. I’m not interested in paranoid political baffoonery based on alleged data not subject to rigorous scientific verification.

(Robin) #8

Yes, please. Saw that coming from a mile away. I simply do not understand what’s so hard about not “going there”.

(Tim Cee) #9

Okay, so I guess nobody knows. Maybe a thesis is available for an aspiring honors undergraduate.