COVID-19 What Are/Will You Do to Deal with This?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #101

Sending love, peace and health your way.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #102

Sending Love, Peace, and Health to everyone and your extended family and friends.

(Allie) #103

So sorry Ashley :cry:

(Ashley) #104

Ty Allie!

(Rebecca šŸŒø Frankenfluffy) #105

@monsterjuice and @mtncntrykid Iā€™m so so sorry. XX

@monsterjuiceā€¦ There are just no words that really convey how sorry we are. Much love and prayers going out to you and your family. Stay safe, and know you are in our prayers.

On another note, I am reminded daily of human ignorance. I have never witnessed such arrogance. I simply cannot believe how oblivious people are. Two counties away, an elderly gentleman just passed away due to the virus. Yesterday, our county had it first case confirmed, and 3 more suspected. Yet, we have ENTIRE FAMILIES coming into our store, shopping for random items, meandering 30-90 minutes. No prescriptions. No ā€œessentialsā€ā€¦just stuff. Like, who drives for miles, just to buy a $2 blush brush, and a bag of Reeseā€™s PB eggs? And a coke? I about blew a nut when a guy came in yesterday, getting random dumb items, and says, ā€œWell, just wanted to come in and see what things were like.ā€ Duh. Really!!! Then he says, Well, I heard you explaining how we can order online and youā€™ll ship to homesā€¦thatā€™s cool." I replied, ā€œYes, it is an excellent service, free of charge. We really appreciate our customers staying home or using the drivethru, and reducing their exposure (and ours!) to the virus.ā€ (Hint, hint.) His reply was golden. ā€œThatā€™s really nice! Well, Iā€™ll be back in a few days to see how things are! Have a good night!ā€ Facepalm.

Had a mom with 3 teenage daughters come in, bought candy and chips. FOUR people for Doritos and jelly beans. What the hell is wrong w people?? A guy comes in for his Rx, and brings his entire family w him. WHY??? I wish I could stand at the door and tell people only person per family is allowed in. It was like that for the whole day.

As things drag on, and more cases come back positive, I really hope I donā€™t lose my cool with ignorant people. I know my stress level has increased tremendously over the last week. Not going to resort to food as a coping mechanism. Deep breathing isnā€™t really a good plan B currently. Have to think this one out.

(Ashley) #108

Thank you! :heart:

(Susan) #109

I am so sorry about the passing of your mom, and I hope and pray that your dad will be okay. My sympathies to you and your family; and your poor dad must be really suffering right now too =(.

@monsterjuice -Continued hugs to you Ashley.

(Brandy) #110

@monsterjuice and @mtncntrykid - deepest sympathy and love to you both.

(Ron) #111

@Momof5 and @Wahinewanders, thank you for the love! It is so greatly accepted and appreciated.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #112

The funny thing about your post is, when I was the fittest Iā€™ve ever been in my life, and working out 6 or 7 days a week, I never set foot in a gym. What for ? Itā€™s too easy to use a few free weights, elevated feet pushups with a weighted vest, etc , at home, then go out (by myself) and climb mountains. I didnā€™t have much desire before all this to be surrounded by people, much less now.

(Bunny) #113

Looking at the exponentials of this are frightening and sobering, this whole thing feels so surreal to me, it is almost prophetic.

1 infected person within the distance of 3 people can infect those 3 people at once then each of those three people infect three others and so on. Example: Influenza is a 1-1 ratio infection rate.

If we have any idea what it would be like to live in India, it is going to be even worse than anywhere in the world even within the next few days that no amount of social distancing will do any good, there is no where to go where there is not people, millions[2] are going to die within the next few or more months?

India Sampling & Time Period[1]:

Deaths 32
ā€”ā€”Xā€”ā€”100,000 1.0 or 0.1
Infected Population 1,251

Infection to Death Rate Ratio Exponential?

Re-infection to Death Rate Ratio Exponential[3]?

The relevant time period[2]?

Footnotes:

[1] ā€œā€¦The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic has spread across 178 countries. Today is the seventh day of Indiaā€™s 21-day lockdown. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in India stands at 1,251. The Union Health Ministry has said that 102 patients have recovered so far[4], but 32 have died. ā€¦ā€ ā€¦More

[2] ā€œā€¦For example, 10 deaths per 1,000 population per year. So just three numbers:

1. The population who have contracted the disease
  2. The number dying of disease
  3. The relevant time period

The trouble is that in the COVID-19 crisis each one of these numbers is unclear.

1. Why the figures for COVID-19 infections are a vast underestimate

Say there was a disease that always caused a large purple spot to appear in the middle of your forehead after two days ā€” it would be easy to measure. Any doctor could diagnose this, and national figures would be reliable. Now, consider a disease that causes a variable raised temperature and cough over a period of 5 to 14 days, as well as variable respiratory symptoms ranging from hardly anything to severe respiratory compromise. There will be a range of symptoms and signs in patients affected by this disease; widely overlapping with similar effects caused by many other infectious diseases. Is it COVID-19, seasonal flu, a cold ā€” or something else? It will be impossible to tell by clinical examination.

The only way to identify people who definitely have the disease will be by using a lab test that is both specific for the disease (detects this disease only, and not similar diseases) and sensitive for the disease (picks up a large proportion of people with this disease, whether severe or mild). Developing accurate, reliable, validated tests is difficult and takes time. At the moment, we have to take it on trust that the tests in use are measuring what we think they are. ā€¦More

[3] Can You Get Coronavirus Twice? How Long Are You Immune After COVID-19?

[4] Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negativeā€¦Then Positive

[5] Scientists warn we may need to live with social distancing for a year or more

(Jane Srygley) #114

That sucks! I thought Canada had a better safety net than that. Iā€™m so sorry you have to keep working.

I am working in the office but doing counseling sessions over the phone. I am thinking that I may need to forgo Easter with my nieces and nephew at least until more Americans can get testedā€“Pennsylvanians to be more precise. My sister is in a high risk category with significant heart issues and while she is a physician in family practice and sees sick people anyway, I donā€™t want to risk exposing her when I could be an asymptomatic carrier. My partner is the only one I see outside of work. He is working as well as he works for the railroad. Things are not that different from normal for us but feel very strange.

(Jane Srygley) #115

Wow! So sorry you have to deal with that. Try to hang in there and just do the best you can to sanitize yourself. People are seriously moronic sometimes!

That is just horrible. So, so sorry for your loss.

(What else is there to talk about?) #116

My heart goes out to you, Ashley. Losing a parent is never easy and in these circumstances, I canā€™t even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. Iā€™m so sorry.

(What else is there to talk about?) #117

My condolences Ron on your motherā€™s passing. You must be so frightened for your father as well. I will keep you both in my prayers.

(Ashley) #118

Thank you!

(Ashley) #119

Ty!

(What else is there to talk about?) #120

Never mind that they have no regard for their own health and the health of the ones they live with. These ignorants (would have used another word but donā€™t know how to use the blur function) are endangering those who are essential workers because theyā€™re bored. You are unfortunately at higher risk of contracting the virus because you are dealing with the public and yet you continue to work to assure that the people in your community can get their medications etc. to STAY HEALTHY!!! It just blows my mind.

Iā€™m a Canadian, Montrealer specifically, and going to the pharmacy here is no joke at the moment. Thereā€™s is a line the door outside of the pharmacy, which has xā€™s clearly indicated where to stand, when it is your ā€œturnā€ to be admitted inside there is one or two security people that question you about your health and exactly what you are doing there. Once inside, there are people making sure that you keep your distance etcā€¦

Hopefully stricter measures will be put into effect soon where you are for your safety and the safety of your colleagues. Common sense isnā€™t common anymoreā€¦ unfortunately.