Could we PLEASE stop telling people that fasting is the solution to everything?

(John) #41

Ok, it’s a deal. I won’t recommend fasting. I don’t fast personally, I just sometimes skip a couple of meals in a row. Usually not intentionally.

(Running from stupidity) #42

Also, can someone explain that meme to me? I know how it works and how to use it, but I have no idea what it actually is.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #43

I get that. If I get busy gardening in the morning, breakfast becomes lunch. If the body is willing, great!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #44

What meme?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #45

I’ve never gotten the fasting high either. I figure for the same reason, whatever that may be, that I never got the “clarity”. Just a moderate healthy feeling improvement, day by day.

(Running from stupidity) #46

The one at the end of the OP :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #47

Yeah, same same. Maybe we’re in the wrong hemisphere, or something :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #48

Gah! You quoted me before I fixed my typo!

… did you fix that, or the system?

This is really undermining my “moderate healthy improvement” argument

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #49

The meme is from Office Space. The annoying Middle management boss. So really works well with the IT fix analogy.

It would require you to watch a movie. So, you’ll probably never know.

(Running from stupidity) #51

Thank you, ma’am, much appreciated.

I knew it was just easier to ask :slight_smile:

(Jeremy Wheatley) #52

I keep hearing that snacking is bad and it prevents you from losing weight… In my case when I eat up to six times a day the weight falls off… and if I start to stall I up my carbs from 20 total to 30 total. Now I’m sure this isn’t the norm but it goes to show, everyone’s body is different

You can be sure!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #54

It depends upon where and who you are in life. I was naturally thin and could get away with snacking and eating constantly until menopause hit. Then I gained 45 pounds. Women are not blessed with easy weight loss.

(Jeremy Wheatley) #55

That’s for sure!! Especially after babies… You talk about crazy things happening to someone’s body!!
Wow!!!

(Terence Dean) #56

I don’t eat between 6:00pm and 9:00am the next day apparently that doesn’t qualify as a real fast.
I’m sooo relieved. :wink:

I don’t eat between 10:00am and 5:00pm either; thank goodness that doesn’t count otherwise I’d be in real trouble.

(Laurie) #57

I never felt pressured into fasting–just encouraged. I saw (virtual) people around me doing it and thought maybe I’d get around to doing it too. I eventually did.

There’s so much conflicting advice in these forums, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. So fast or don’t fast, take the advice or leave it, whatever. I do agree that newcomers are important, and we should try not to frighten them off.

(Doug) #58

Yep, we sure are and your example shows just that. - I was just saying that one of the main benefits to eating LCHF, is that most find they are not as hungry overall and this helps with not snacking between meals. … But, like you said, for some, they find adding carbs helps them out instead? So, this may not be the norm, but it shows it does exist. … Like most have already said, like with anything, one has to find what works for them.

(Kathleen Rose) #60

Thanks. I really needed this post.