Cosmo article - The Weird History of the Keto Diet

(Karl) #1

No wonder people still pee on sticks:

An at-home urine test can confirm whether it’s working, since ketosis is marked by the presence of ketones in the blood and urine. “The strip changes color when you’re burning fat as fuel,” Goss says. “It’s a surefire way to tell whether your body is metabolizing fat, which provides positive reinforcement without stepping on a scale.”

(Jody) #2

Sounds like Cosmo needs to stick to sex [polls] and fashion (just from the quote you posted)

EDIT:
So, after reading the article in full … There is a lot of good information (minus the pee sticks). lol

Agree with you about the test, but - yay! - this is a mainstream article that is relatively positive. Somewhat misleading (3 meals + 2 snacks/day?! also some odd macros in there…) but actually rather positive, with none of those dire “your brain needs carbs! you’ll die of heart disease!” warnings that usually accompany these articles.
Though I should say that I had trouble reading the whole thing because there are SO many ads on there.

(Gail P) #4

It’s good to hear there’s some relatively positive information floating around. I’ve been seeing only negative articles and wondering if my personal news feeds were skewing my perceptions.

Yes, they are. Usually there are flame wars in the comments, so I don’t get involved. And I remember, there’s no money to be made promoting whole foods and the keto way.