Coronovirus Prediction

(Jane) #96

So what became of SARS, Avian flu, Ebola???

(Karen) #97

I believe the media is irresponsible in this matter, as in so many others. They do need to sell a product, but in doing that they step over the line of decency. A fair amount of what you read is just not true.

(Ethan) #98

I hope I am totally wrong and it fizzles!

I don’t plan to shop often really while we are in lay-low mode.

You don’t have to wipe everything constantly—just wash your hands before you touch your mouth. However, this thing spreads in the air for a limited (but significant time) anyway!

SARS, avian flu, and Ebola were all contained. They are not very transmissible. You need to be showing symptoms to transmit those. This is not true of COVID19. You can transmit it days before you feel sick, as you never feel sick, or days after you felt better. There is much more viral load in COVID19 vs SARS also. COVID19 sheds as you breathe—no cough or sneeze necessary! Ebola requires fluid contact and you die too soon usually to transmit. This is so bad because it spreads so easily for so long in an undetectable way.

(Wendy) #99

I think this is a great resource. I’ve been watching this for a week now.

(Jeff S) #100

See if this helps you understand why there is such an aggressive response:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #101

Question about Coronovirus?
(bulkbiker) #102

sometimes?

(Ken) #103

Nothing like a heavy dose of Apocalyptic Religious Dogma to manipulate people into accepting Totalitarian solutions and consequential loss of Freedom.

No the ice caps are not disappearing at an alarming rate, nor are the Greenland glaciers. There is an overall small loss rate consistent with the fact that we are in a minor warming trend consistent with the normal Dansgaard-Oescheger Cycle that has been happening since we came out of the Little Ice Age. All natural and predictable. Not some Manmade crisis. Please, not the Polar Bear hysteria. Their populations have actually been increasing.

The causes of the problems you have cited are generally caused by Leftism and lack of Individual Freedom. Now being used as rationalization for more Leftism and even more Loss of Freedom.

Can you ground the statement that polar bear population is increasing?

(Ken) #105

https://www.thegwpf.org/as-polar-bear-numbers-increase-gwpf-calls-for-re-assessment-of-endangered-species-status/

(Karen) #106

Thank you that helps me explain to my sister what flattening the curve means.

(Karen) #107

I think it’s fair to say that what ever side of the political spectrum you are on… Climate change/no climate change, polar bears at risk/ polar bears not at risk… It’s still wise to do what you can to husband resources, and to behave in a responsible way that shows neither greed nor waste.

(Jeff S) #108

That’s a useful model to try to understand potential causality, but it is overly simplistic to assume it can be applied to explain every situation. Stores are benefitting by selling lots of TP, soap, and hand sanitizer. But does that really mean they are somehow responsible for the virus?

(Ethan) #109

This video explains how different efforts can reduce the peak by what percent, too

(Scott) #110

In a single provider medical system capacity can be manipulated as a function of cost or poor planning prior to the event. Same is true of triage. A budgetary limit can mean that some are just not worth saving. The real beauty of this equation is that a politicians rather than a doctor may be the ones pulling the levers.

(Scott) #111

I saw a conversation on the news about how many people use their phone, put it down, wash their hands only to pick up the phone and place it on their face.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #112

That is exactly the case in Italy and likely most if not all other European countries where the government is the sole provider of health care.

(Joey) #113

Many thanks for this link. This is a fascinating study (BTW, you can read the whole thing via Google Scholar search).

Reduced glucose seems to curtail viral replication much as it reduces cancer cell growth. Again, a fascinating (if not unsurprising?) result.

Here is all that happened and all we know around the world regarding the Corona Virus:

(Ken) #115

It depends. Your points are Subjective. The Climate Change real issue is if it is caused by Mankind or not. If not caused by Mankind it is merely Socio-Political manipulation designed to subjugate Mankind into following a Marxist-Leninist Religious Agenda.

Not really the thread for this type of discussion.