Corona Virus Pandemic Overload (do not read) This thread has now moved to the year 2042

I am counting on the community not to comment or read this thread.

Lower your adrenaline and blood glucose and get off the Internet for a while.

It’s time for a social media fast

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

You should of put that in the title. :roll_eyes:

(Polly) #3

Sorry @FrankoBear I have just let you down!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4

Hahahahahahhahhhahah!!! I did not read this with the first title, because I have coronavirus overload as I am well into my third month of semi-quarantine and no work. But with the edit I could not resist. And I love you for this thread!

Argh… @amwassil our containment edit didn’t work :mask:

We’re losing control of the situation. Everybody turn off your phones, computers and devices. Isolate yourselves from this discussion. Forest bathe… do something (other)!

@Polly1 and @Ruina, you two need to be quarantined from social media, and the Internets in general, for at least a day. Grab a good book, one you have been meaning to read and pour a cup of the best tea you can brew from an ornate teapot and relax. STAT!

I am heading into quarantine after I eat this steak :steakcake: (it appears to have mutated into a steakcake).

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #6

Ok Doc! Tea and Persuasion STAT!

(Jane Srygley) #7

Don’t tell me not to read something! It is easy to get overloaded. I turn it all off once I’ve learned the news of the day. I think ok, what can I control here? I can take precautions. check. urge my friends to take the same precautions I am taking. Check. I can make the best of isolation and be really grateful that it is the worst thing I’ve personally had to deal with so far. I can take care of myself and stay in ketosis because I’ve heard that is a good immune strategy. I can encourage others to take care of themselves and I can try to lighten their load as much as possible.

So once I’m done with news et al, I do my own stuff… I sorted all my photos from 2019 yesterday… which took HOURS!!! I watched reruns of Law & Order. I talked to my partner and played games on my phone. I cooked and ate nutritious, tasty food. And… that’s it!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8

I bought a 1000 piece puzzle… I have yet to open it because I literally don’t have a table big enough. Wait… that table I gave my roommate who is now stranded in America, that is big enough.

Evil plotting begins.

@AuntJane (do not read)

Ah.

No.

Stop.

Doh!

I reckon it is so important to get the photos off (not of) your mobile phone at this time. get them saved in the clouud and on other hard drives.

I’m seeing so many posts for lost phones and phones left on car roofs (when out doing essential travelling). The people desperately want to find them for the photos.

(still eating steak… wondering if the pickle we are facing has more to do with people management than it has to do with a virus?) Don’t answer that!

(Jane Srygley) #10

@Ruina I support your evil plot!!!

@FrankoBear these photos are already saved on my pc and are from my actual camera. I have like 8 years of thousands of photos to go through… I love to photograph birds and nature in general plus there are lots of vacation photos & some of family. I’m excited to get them sorted. I have a Jane’s Photos page on Facebook that needs more content!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #11

Ok, I was gonna read the book, but now I need to move the table into the livingroom for puzzle activity. Turning on non-corona related podcast.

Straight to quarantine for you Jane. I’m going to get @amwassil to guard the door.

(don’t read this)

I lament the rise of photography but am fascinated by one of it’s pioneers Eadweard Muybridge. At the turn of the 19th to 20th century he had to prove a bet that a horse at a gallop at some point in the gait had all 4 hooves in the air.

Photography for me is an outsourcing of memory, like so many mobile phones are for modern people, and digital natives especially. They hunt and gather moments and store them on a device. When they misplace the device they feel the loss of memory. I think they might, I don’t know.

I draw. Yep, I do that thing they did before this new fangled photography thing. Drawing forces a person to observe and to see things then drives the fine motor skills of memory and thinking to direct the hand and finger movements and the drawing tool. It is memory augmentation. I haven’t seen my mum for a few weeks, so I have to call her and draw her. I guess you could call it ‘re-call her’. Drawing portraits is risky and so high the rewards when you capture someone in a drawing.

Actually Jane you look highly infectious. I am concerned that you might post an excellent photo in this thread and attract more uninfected people in.

Don’t post an awesome photo by copying and pasting it into a new comment. dang it, Michael is late for his guard duty shift.

I’ve finished this steak. Added two eggs :fried_egg: :fried_egg: and a couple of magnesium tablets.

I feel better now that everyone has gone into quarantine and they are heeding the protocols and directives set out at the start of this outbreak. I’ll be able to sleep well and not look at this thread tomorow, and not see it climbing the recirculation charts on the Keto Forum Feed Wall. Phew. Thank @richard (our favourite saint) that this is over.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #14

My new puzzle center (centre). Oh no! Have I violated the new anti-photography law! I promise I am an artist! Photography is not only an outsourcing of memory, but also facilitates the sharing of memory. For example here are a couple heat-sensor selfies. Every time I go through one of these I feel like I am in an Andy Warhol painting.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #15

Ok. That’s awesome.

(Jane Srygley) #16

@FrankoBear OMG THAT’S GORGEOUS!!! I will find and post one of my bird photos. I agree with you on the “outsourcing of memory” and have caught myself in the past being so concerned about taking photos that I am not truly enjoying the moment. I now make sure that I enjoy the moment even if I do stop to take a photo :heart:

(Joey) #17

Click bait. Well played.

Look everybody, look now. Look. At. What. You. Have. Done. Too noisy. Couldn’t you have kept the ruckus down? Don’t answer that!

:police_car:

:policeman: Sheriff (and all round good guy) Joey has turned up in this thread and has been exposed… nay, infected with the contagion. This is disasterous for KetoTown.

1. Because he is needed to quell unrest in the forums but now has to go into social media isolation quarantine (like us) and get outdoors and breathe fresh air and get some sunshine
  2. he is responsible for breathalyser testing people here this town and now we are at risk of nutritional ketosis and good health running rampant while he is out of action.

It seems I am to be locked up. Like a cholesterol molecule, here I am innocently trying to repair this contagious thread and I get blamed. I’m cuffed and off to chill my heals in the cooler. It was a good steak, by the way.

Awesome? No those photos (which are a further symptom of the contagion, but a hint at the start of recovery - of balance and calm -) Yes Warholeque!

Those heat sensor art pieces are bordering on a contemporary macabre attraction like a Gustav Klimt or a Francis Bacon (a favourite artist of many a ket-earthling) :bacon:

Ah. No. Jane, don’t you dare. I am declaring a state of emergency. If only there was a forum Admin that could come to my aid.

Back to quarantine. For everyone. This has to end. For the good of the community. I don’t want to see me on here for 24 hours.

Back to the bench for you @Ruina, the world needs puzzle solvers.

Fasting (social media and computer device) begins now. No more posting, liking, or wonderful art work shares.

(Joey) #20

No worries my friend. I updated virus definition file on my desktop shortly after word of COVID-19 began to circulate. Still feeling keto-tastic here. Wishing you the same. :mask: