Corona Virus Pandemic Overload (do not read) This thread has now moved to the year 2042

Who was that masked man?

Crikey! The sheriff has busted out of his containment cell like a … (mmrff gnn grrf eerg) … no, no, no, bad analogy.

Stay safe Joey. I’ll catch up at the end of this quarantine. Now rub yourself down with epsom salts and take a relaxing warm soapy (decontaminating) bath with all scented herb candles around you. STAT!

That’s it. I declare the Iraq war over. This crisis has been averted. The plague of community sharing has stopped right here. We have discovered this thing is spread by smiles :smile: doh!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #22

Wha? Huh? :sneezing_face:

A. Ah. Ahhh… ZSheesh. :exploding_head:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #24

Dang. I totally wanted that tea. Boiled the water and then forgot. Made myself a soda water with lemon. So I guess extra beverages tonight and lots of peeing later on to wake me up in the middle of the night.

Great to see an Admin here desanitising the thread. Getting the place cleared up after the big noisy party and exponential enjoyment burst, so it will no longer be a danger to future generations of low carb eaters.

I’m glad it’s given you some moments of respite @Ruina. Apologies for the nocturia. Just think of calming waterfalls? :rainbow:

This topic was needed. I for one totally overloaded myself for days. And now I will heal. My garden helps with little new wonders, first of all, there will be many, many flowers on my yellow cherry tree! We planted it 1.5 years ago, it’s strong and beautiful and I never waited the first flowers and fruits this much before… No one can persuade me not loving fruits (I guess I bought this house for the scenery and for the fruit garden. the house wasn’t good and had to be rebuilt pretty extensively. a few walls and the cellar remained), they (the fruits but I often put too much text in parentheses, who remembers things before I started?) can’t help they are packed with some sugar. But they are eye candies too! Enjoyable without even eating them, starting from the time when I notice them as little buds (it happened a few hours before so I am pretty happy with it)! Brilliant.

(charlie3) #27

The virus might be the grandest shared global experience ever. 911 touched a lot of people. Before that it was Neil Armstrong setting foot on the moon. But this virus has em beat.

There has been a lot of harm but it’s also possible a lot of good will come from this.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #28

I agree most people should get the hell off the internet, it’s running slow at my house and I have a T line. I couldn’t even stream music this morning. Get off so my stuff will work again! :joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

They’ve dragged me out of social media distancing quarantine to deal with this.

I see we have another outbreak. I thought this contagious thread had finished!

Now @Shinita, @charlie3 and @David_Stilley have a 24 hour quarantine penalty. No Internet for you guys for 24 hours. All your dopamine receptors are saturated. We don’t want you getting dopamine resistance (that’s a consequence of addiction). It seems that Dave has found an Internet that is self regulating this viral post and not letting any data through. I’m glad he is safe. I don’t know what a T-line is. Is that what @Ruina has to find her kettle?

I have to get back into quarantine (maybe do some drawing… or mark about 80 student assignments).

But I’m glad we’ve been able to lock this contagion spread down. But we did double our number infected in half the time! Hopefully no new infections from this point on. :mask: Nobody smile. It’s infectious.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #30

I am overloaded as well, but I can never resist that which I’m told NOT to do! :rofl::joy::rofl:

Gah! Old inky Jane, how did you slip past the National Guard? How long have you been wild?

I wondered why they pulled me out of social media quarantine early. They said, “there’s another one loose in your thread.”

So it’s social media quarantine for you also. You knew the risks. Now you gone and got infected here. 24-hours of no orange people with wispy hair watching, nor night shots of ambulances and tired doctors with no time for their usual romance dramas as we’re used to seeing on those TV documentaries like ER.

Er, off to quarantine you go. Don’t make me come back here. Looks like I’ve just got another 24hr stint in the sin bin as well. Oh, look the sun has come out… I’m going to walk on the lawn in my bear feet.

Who would’ve thought that human beings would not act like robots. And they’d keep testing the system; the rules and advice.

I need to start drawing a graph to track the infections in this thread. Hopefully the inflection point has passed. All clear!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #32

Has it been 24 hours yet dad? :joy::joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #33

I actually did this recently, myself. I didn’t notice until I got home and went to remove the groceries from the back seat, and there was my phone, still on top of the car, thank God! :pray:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #34

He also took many, many, many photos of naked men running and doing other activities (no, not what you think—or at least, if he did take such pictures, he never published them, lol!).

BTW, I highly approve of pictures of naked men, so don’t think I’m being judgemental here.

Now we have naked men running through the post!

Ugh, it looks as though I’ve gone and got a steak cake stuck in my ear. (oh, it was my ketoversary when I wrote this)

I thought I could come out of hibernation… er , um quarantine and see a clean thread. Now I’m reinfected and back to social media isolation again.

@PaulL , make sure you get those photos off your phone.

@David_Stilley, Back to your room! “You are grounded!” grounding is actually a worthy activity while in social media isolation.

That is my 3rd re-infection but the inflection point of this contagious thread seems to have been reached with nobody seriously injured. Phew, I’m glad it is all over. May no child live in poverty ever again.

This is a historical addendum to this thread from a student researcher from the future.

April 2042
At online university today we studied the coronavirus pandemic of 2020. It was amazing what happened. There was an experiment cited in our text book 'The Wisdom of the Ketogenic Forums’ where an intrepid small group of ketogenic eaters risked their senses of humour in a mini model of the viral pandemic spread. I can not believe that industrialised carbohydrate foods existed back in those days. These few people in nutritional ketosis demonstrated that human curiosity will initially instigate problems within the test group. People like to test things and not do as they were told. This stillexists in our current times and is recognised as innate in Homo sapiens. But as the situation degenerated in the experiment there was a rise of good humour, a splash of art, sharing of ideas and experiences and a strengthening of community in parallel with the crisis. This was the start of the Good Humour as an essential supplement in a KetoCrisis Therapeutic Diet system that we all use today. The experiment showed an initial high infection rate of wanting to like and comment on a provocative topic when things were novel and in flux.Then the inflection point as the group found cohesion of purpose. Then the calming of the crisis and finally the quiet reflection that comes after the storm. This model proved accurate for the 2020 Coronavirus Pandemic that those people lived through and is used in all Nutritional History text books today. I have chosen and highlight this case study, not for its rigour, but the weirdest thing. There was a report logged in it from a student researcher from 2042. I believe these people discovered the ability to time travel. By Rona Overload (age 21)

(Bunny) #37

Note: To future anthropologists Soylent Green is real and not just a Movie!

• PLANT-BASED, VEGAN FRIENDLY. Non-dairy ingredients include isolated protein from soy. Soylent contains no animal products (but may contain people in the year 2022) and is made without lactose. …More

closed #38