Corn chips

(Christopher Worley) #1

For the longest time I would avoid Doritos and corn chips. Lately I have been eating them. I just don’t see the combination of corn meal and flour products. Can someone explain. PS I’ve gained 2 lbs back and I’m frustrated over this.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Too many carbs. Over in the foods subforum there is recipe for making your own chips out of baby corn. The carb count on the baby corn is much much lower than cornmeal, they are very high fiber. They taste delicious, reminds me I haven’t made them for a while, need to do that.

You put on weight because of the carbs in corn chips/Doritos.

(Carl Keller) #4

A single serving of Doritos has about 18 grams of carbohydrate. Anything with corn or grain based flour in it is not Keto friendly and has a fair amount of carbs. We must convince Doritos to sell chips made from almond flour or coconut flour. Maybe call them Dorketos? :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #5

+1

(less is more, more or less) #6

Keto is low-carb. Doritos and corn chips are carbs, beaucoup carbs.

Additionally, at the risk of understatement, I think avoiding Doritos and corn chips might be recommended by possibly every known diet in the universe, except in Opposite World.

Please read http://pwop.com/download/TheKetogenicDietInANutshell.pdf post-haste.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

Your body stores 3-4ml of water per gram of glucose per fat CELL.
So that should give you an idea that the weight you have added is WATER WEIGHT.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

Doritos and corn chips are two of the reasons I gained weight. Just don’t do it. It is hard to stop eating either.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #9

:heart::heart::heart:

(Candy Lind) #10

Love it! :heart_eyes::rofl:

You should read:

(Christopher Worley) #12

Thank you for clearing that up everyone! I did not realize the potential damage I was doing by taking myself out of ketosis by eating chips

(Carl Keller) #13

CandyLindTX … thank you. I don’t think this product would do well in spanish speaking countries. Umm I think Dorketos would roughly translate to “Little Dorks”. :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #14

If you absolutely must have a Dorito Fix… This has intrigued me since I first saw it over a year ago but I haven’t gotten around to trying it. Let us know if it’s any good!

(Frank) #15

I stay away from the chip aisle completely. Nothing good there.

There are pork rinds in the chips aisle :wink:

(Janelle) #17

Sometimes I wonder if questions like this are not just trolling. Apologies to the OP if not.

(Running from stupidity) #18

I didn’t even know what it meant.