Are they good reference points?

(Allie) #2

Maria Emmerich is always good.

Good to know! I just picked two at random :stuck_out_tongue:

I just grabbed these 2 on another site for pretty cheap:

The Essential Ketogenic Diet Cookbook For Beginners - by Mariana Banks

The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet - by Leanne Vogel

(Allie) #5

The Leanne Vogel one is on my wishlist but I still have another four to read before I’d even get to it, if I had a copy…

That one had a ton of good reviews on Amazon & is a best seller.

(Allie) #7

I listen to her podcast which is very good, you might like that too.

I love podcasts, I’ll check it out.

(Allie) #9

In that case, you might also like The Model Health Show - that’s my favourite podcast at the moment.

Sweet, thanks for the tip.

This one is pretty solid. My girlfriend likes to bake and this book had some good muffin recipes. My only complaint would be she substitutes out dairy for everything. It’s great for dairy intolerant people I guess.

(Allie) #12

Leanne Vogel does dairy free keto yes, but it can always be added back in if someone wants to.

(Athena) #13

Kristie from “Cooking Keto with Kristie” on YouTube just came out with her new cookbook. It’s really good! I’ve made a bunch of recipes from it already. I even got my library to get it for me!

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Health-Taking-Cooking-Kristie/dp/1540682226/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509127065&sr=8-1&keywords=cooking+with+kristie+cookbook

My point was it greatly limits the types of recipes she offers. Had I known she was dairy free I wouldn’t have ordered the book. It’s well composed but it’s a massive book for just the few good recipes we’ve tried.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

I bought Maria Emmerich’s Keto Comfort Foods and Martina Slajerova’s Keto Diet Cookbook, because they seemed the best of what was on the shelf at the bookstore that day. Haven’t used them all that much yet, because I was waiting to move, and now that I’m here I don’t do all the cooking (though everybody likes the keto recipes I make when I do cook, thank God). But I am planning our Thanksgiving menu, and am looking forward to trying out Fathead pizza.

These came today! Lots of great recipes inside from a quick glance.

This one came today! I had to go to work so I couldn’t look through it, but that’s what I’m gonna do as soon as I get home. :slight_smile: