Contrary to Keto, does this apply

(icky) #21

Yeah, exactly, but I have never feared salt :joy:

And I figure too, that after the water weight loss has stopped, electrolytes (and salt is one of the electrolytes which is why it also affects the muscles including the heart muscle) should be relatively balanced.

However, it does seem that when producing lots of ketones, the kidneys do flush out a bit more salt than with a SAD diet.

In my case, cos Iā€™m TOFI, I had no water weight to lose!

(icky) #22

Thank you for an insiderā€™s report!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #23

Yes, telling me to eat more salt is like telling an alcoholic to drink more!:rofl: Just didnā€™t put it together that I was eating the high end of Keto salt recommendations BEFORE I started Keto. So that amount got doubled after Keto. I actually just started paying attention to it in the last couple of days.

Youā€™re welcome lol. I always cringe a little when someone posts a Livestrong article, fearing it might be one of mine! The writersI knew all did their best, but our hands were really tied on what we could actually say. I tried to get some of my own opinions on low carb inā€” keto really wasnā€™t a thing then.

(icky) #25

Thatā€™s so funny :smile:

I feel for you! :blush:

(Alec) #26

This is extremely insightful, and illustrates how the CW works (sigh). I have pretty much given up reading articles like this after doing my keto research. It is clear that if the CW is so wrong on this, it is likely to be wrong on so much else as well. So itā€™s back to n=1.
Cheers
Alec