Considering Potassium and Magnesium supplements. 6 weeks into my keto

(ray) #1

What are standard dose amounts for both. How about standard dose of cream of tarter as a potassium supplement?

Check out many past threads here on the subject by using the search bar in the upper right corner.

Due to the problems of potassium supplements for people w/ certain health issues and medications, the most commonly recommended form is in food (avocados are good sources of both potassium and magnesium) and the No Salt table salt comprised of gentle potassium salts.

Quality meats (grassfed) are good sources of magnesium too. Being that magnesium is responsible for around 18K bodily processes, it’s an important nutrient and it’s often lacking in foods today due to industrial ag’s soil depletion. If you still need to supplement for some extenuating reason due to longterm depletion, check out the highly asorbeable form of magnesium called angstrom magnesium and also nascent iodine (there are threads here on iodine too) if you’re not already eating fatty sea fish and seaweeds.

Ideally, work with a Functional Medicine MD or Integrative Medicine MD to get the proper nutritional panel tests to see how your levels of nutrients are.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

I recommend this as the easiest and least expensive way to supplement electrolytes.

(charlie3) #4

I get 150% of the rda for potassium from food, no suppliments. The chart below, from cronometer, covers the last 7 days, daily averages, from each particular food.