Confused about intermittent fasting

(Chad) #1

Hello, I wanted to give fasting a go and had some questions. I wanted to do intermittent fasting, the question I have is within the time that I’m allowed to eat do I have to meet my macros that I normally do for the day within that time? I’m confused about intermittent fasting.

(Chad) #3

Ok that’s the intermittent fasting where I can eat each day within a window but what about if it was a 24 hour fast, how’s that work?

You might find some answers at @daddyoh’s thread on OMAD.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

That would mean One Meal a Day (OMAD)
Where you try and fit all your macros and calories in one meal after 24 hours is up.

Intermittent fasting means that you eat all your meals within a set window, either 8 hours, 4 hours, 3.5 hours, etc.

I do OMAD during the week, so I eat around 7pm, where I sit down and have all my food at once, I dont stretch it into a two-hour event :wink:

During the weekends, I usually do IF TMAD…I have my “breakfast” after 2pm and my dinner around 7pm or if it’s a busy saturday, I eat breakfast around 4pm and a dinner around 7pm.

You may spice it up to whatever combo you like.

I never ate breakfast in the morning, so IF really fits my schedule.

(Dan Dan) #7

Intermittent fasting is an umbrella term for a cycle between a period of fasting and non-fasting.

1. Time Restricted Eating - Choose a Fasting/Eating Window - 16/4,18/6, 20/4

2. One Meal A Day (OMAD) - Eating one meal in a short window

3. Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) - Eat normal one day then fast the next day

4. 5:2 and 4:3 - Choose Eating/Fasting Days

5. Choose a Cycle - repeat as often as you want :grinning:

As you can see Intermittent fasting is flexible :face_with_monocle::thinking:

I like to combine ADF and OMAD and Fast for 44/4 that way I can eat every other day but get in 44 hours Fasting between meals :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My Macros - Percentage of Carbs/Protein/Fat - 5/20/75
My Calories - 3000 Kcals

My ADF-OMAD -

1 lb Fatty Meat
8-16 oz mixed Veggies
5-7 tablespoons Fat/Butter
3 oz cheese
3 oz salami
3 oz nuts
2 SF pudding cups

I enjoy sharing my thoughts and experiments if you get something out of it ok if not that’s ok too :grinning:

Please remember YMMV :thinking:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Chad) #8

Ok thanks guys/gals… One last question, what is the benefits of fasting for intermittent or a 24 fast?

Keep reading it everywhere. What does WOE stand for? :thinking:

(Daisy) #10

Way of eating

Ahhh thanks :+1:

(Katherine Robinson) #13

I was confused about it at first too. Wondering if I was doing it right. There are some good podcasts on the subject and books and articles. BUT I think the best thing to do is to just play around with all the different kinds and see what fits your life and schedule best. Don’t make it hard on yourself.

(Dan Dan) #14

Check these out Dr. Jason Fung explains it better than I ever could :grinning:

Dr. Jason Fung - 'Therapeutic Fasting - Solving the Two-Compartment Problem

The Calorie Deception

Dr. Jason Fung on Autophagy

I enjoy sharing my thoughts if you get something out of it ok if not that’s ok too :grinning:

Please remember YMMV :thinking:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Bunny) #15

Counting macros and calories (those apps are absolutely useless) is such a waste of life-space and time! The body does not work like that, those are human based mathematical assumptions about the contents of what they falsely assume is contained in a substance and not factoring in other variables into the REAL biological REALITY!

Those apps just encourage carbohydrate co-dependency!

I feel with OMAD you eat till full, do not under eat, but till full. Then in 24 hours do it again. If you calorie restrict when you eat you will slow your metabolic rate, this is not good. But if you feed well and then fast the metabolism stays elevated and you then can feed on your fat. Hitting all your daily macros is only needed when you have no body fat to eat. If you have fat you will feed the entire time you fast.

(Dan Dan) #17

Teaching IF/EF Keto is like teaching a second language the quickest way is using their first language until they become adapted :wink:

(Bunny) #18

Correction: Turbo-hydrates! (high octane jet fuel that kills)