Confused about Avocado

Hello everybody!

I am using MFP to track my macros.
But I am totaly confused about the nutrition info of

avocado . I know there are different sorts , I prefer the little dark ones called Hass.
But can I really eat them?
Which nutrition info do you trust?

(Todd Allen) #2

The carbohydrate in avocados is almost all fiber. They are an excellent choice for keto.

(Allie) #3

They’re all safe.

(Liz ) #4

You can subtract the fiber grams from the carbohydrate grams as fiber does not invoke an insulin response. This is called “net carbs”.

(Chris W) #5

I switched from MFP to Cronometer as I find the nutritional information in the foods database to be more comprehensive. Cronometer also allows you to configure your nutrition targets to a ketogenic diet and allows you to track carb counts as net carbs, if that is what you are tracking.

Send all your avocados to me, that will eliminate the confusion.

Thanks for every answer !
I must admit , that I often don’t know which number is netcarbs and which not. In Germany it is not usal . Also the information in MFP is often not the correct. You need a lot of time searching and prooving if you have the right one. I will look for Chronometer.

I guess I never looked, but I didn’t realize that the carbohydrate in avocado was fiber… thanks for sharing that.

(Olivia) #9

Hello, the Kohlenhydrate are already net carbs. Therefore, you shouldn’t substract the Ballaststoffe.
(Grüße aus Karlsruhe)

I never knew that thank you big help :slight_smile:

(Robert Hollinger) #11

If that is the case, that doesn’t help the OP (or any of us eating avocados) because the NET carbs (Kohlenhydrate) according to MFP is 10gm. I suspect some of them are net and some of them are total hence the discrepancies?

(Helen Taylor) #12

In the UK we have on packets the carb with the fibre already taken off, and also the fibre content listed, so no maths to do. The carb listed is the (net) carb.

I had two avo trees in the garden as a teen. One Hass, the lumpy skinned one, and a rounder one with smoother skin.