Concise list of Markers on Keto

research

Is there a list of all the markers that one can test for on the Keto Diet and the relevant meanings of each or groups thereof?

(Running from stupidity) #2

Yup. List below.

Are you showing ketones? Good, you’re in ketosis.

No that is not what i am after. That is too simplistic.

https://cholesterolcode.com/basics/ <-- markers. But i wam after a list of any others.

(Running from stupidity) #4

How complicated do you need it to be? Why is complicated a defining requirement?

(Running from stupidity) #5

Dave is talking about cholesterol there. That’s what he does.

I could eat high processed food (non carb) and still be in Ketosis (True or False)?

(Running from stupidity) #7

Of course you could, depending on the amount.

But that’s utterly beside the point of keto in general. Bare minimum of anything will provide a requite return.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8

It never hurts to get personal baseline labs done if you are about to embark on a major health change. This could include Metabolic Panel, Complete blood count, A1C, thyroid tests, Cholesterol panel, etc.

Many folks are practicing this way of eating to mend their bodies and it’s individual to the person. I am looking forward to bringing my A1C and triglycerides down.

Does this answer your question?

Well in that case potentially i could still be unhealthy, No? Hence why markers are important and why what Dave is doing is so important. Keto is not just a matter of measure ketones and your all good. Its more complex. I am trying to understand all of this.

Speaking of bare minimum…

This gives me leads, yes, thank you. I know what to search for and read about now. I don’t believe our bodies work on one singular lever. We are a little more complex than that.

:laughing:

I was actually suggesting that you yourself should do more research @Haych - Maybe make use of the search function? Many of your questions have been covered numerous times.

Thanks for the advise, i have been. But i have gained answers this morning by asking Q’s on here. I like it. Thanks for your contribution also. You are not compelled to respond.

(Running from stupidity) #15

Ah, thanks for that permission.

:man_facepalming:

(Mike W.) #17

I suggest reading “The Blood Code”.

(Steve Stephenson) #18

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #19

No he actually has been compelled to reply (everywhere, all the time) by some creepy keto vampire.

Generally folks use the standard blood tests and watch the changes as they shift the way they eat (live/sleep). The tests that many doctors don’t do - but should do - are:

A1C (the average blood glucose over 3 months- standard only for diabetics)
fasting insulin*
CRP (a marker of inflammation)
a full thyroid panel

There are probably plenty of others!

*some folks love this as a marker and others say it’s not useful since it’s pulsatile, so you’re just seeing a snapshot of that particular moment. In any case, very high or very low does give you some information.