Concerning ketone levels

(Van Eternal) #1

Hello , I already had a similar post, but I am still concerned with my high ketones levels, I seem to have difficult times to get them below 3.0 mmol and are you usally around 4.5-5 mmol , and my blood glucose is about 4.3 mmol. Is there any ways to reduce the ketones levels to 1-3 ? should i increase my carb intake?

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

How long have you been doing keto? Are those fasting numbers?
Those aren’t bad numbers at all. I wouldn’t worry about them.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

Unless you are Type 1 diabetic, don’t worry about ketone numbers. Keep your carbs sub-20 grams per day and ketones will take care of themselves. Remember ketones in blood are not ketones utilized. If you have more ketones in your blood than are being used, the ‘leftovers’ will be dumped via urine. As your metabolism becomes better adapted to utilizing fatty acids and ketones for energy it will synthesize less ketones. Production gets more into synch with demand.

(Van Eternal) #4

Thanks for the replies ! Im in keto for about 4 months. I eat no more than 25 carbs, around 70 g protein ( my weight is 63 kg) and i dont count the fats but for sure more than 250 g. Yes, they are fasting numbers

(Jane) #5

Look good to me!

:+1:

Higher isn’t necessarily better, which is why we tell people not to “chase ketone numbers” but it certainlly isn’t harmful if you have a functioning pancreas (i.e. not T1 diabetic). And with your low blood glucose I would say your pancreas is working just fine.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

That’s quite a lot of fat, maybe dial it back and the ketones will drop off some. :cowboy_hat_face: