Committing

(Chris McRoberts) #1

How do I stop talking myself out of keto? I want to lose weight (40 lbs), get off my blood pressure meds, and becomega healthier, in general. I go great a few days,got my meals all prepped, feeling good, and then sabotage myself. Wtf

Nobody can talk you into it. You need to decide for yourself. I guarantee if you commit to and follow through for 2-3 weeks, you’ll be hooked because you’ll feel so good and will be reaping the many rewards of keto. You may want to take a look at the thread below. Best wishes!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #3

You start at the end. What does success look like? Why do you want that?

Until you are clear, not just about what you want but why you need it, you will have difficulty committing to any long term change.

(Chris McRoberts) #4

Agreed. Problem is I have a wife and 2 kids non-keto. Nutella is my kryptonite

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

See. That’s fixed easily. Have to have no Nutella in the house. Others have to agree to sacrifice for your health. But if you’re not clear about the goal, really focused on why you have to make that change, you probably can’t have the conversation with your family about why they need to give up Nutella.

If you’re not familiar with the term Harajuku Moment, it’s what I’m talking about, though I had my first one in 2004, a second one in 2006 and my third last month.

http://chadfowler.com/life,/weightloss/2011/03/15/the-harajuku-moment.html

For me, Mr. Fowler’s story is a way of understanding the why of the change. Once the why is clear, the actions to get there should fall in line. The MBA speak is “Begin with the end in mind.”

Brilliant link! This was my favorite part:
“Now, I’m closer to the real me.”

Get rid of all your non keto foods and then you’ll have no other choice but to eat keto :stuck_out_tongue:

(Troy) #8

Timely!! Lol
Since you mentioned it
I am not a fan of Nutella

However, this was just a recent post and a recipe I noticed :grin:

Maybe try this at some point on You new KETO reset!:+1:t2::smile: