(Mark ) #1

Been on it 6 weeks

Enjoy it

Don’t find it difficult

No cravings

Never hungry

Lost about 2 stone

Recommend it to anyone wanting to lose a bit of weight

Family holiday coming up and want to eat with family, drink beer and cocktails, eat kebabs (Turkey)

What can I expect coming off it (don’t want to put too much back on :frowning:

Help

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

That depends: how much for how long. But at worst it will totally reset your metabolism so you’ll have to start again as if you had not already done so. Keto is life-long ‘healing’ dietary regimen, not a quick weight loss diet that you can just pull out of your hat from time to time. Although many people lose weight fairly quickly, it’s a beneficial side effect. If you go off keto, then you’re back where you were before and whatever beneficial changes had started to take effect will start to revert back.

(Susan) #3

Welcome to the forum, Mark. If you digress and do all that so soon after starting Keto, you will gain the weight back, because your body will be out of Ketosis and use the Carbage and not burn fat, but gain it back.

You would be better off trying to stay as Keto as possible, and try to work some of the foods you want into your daily macros for Keto.

If you download Cronometer.com and set up a free account, you can see what I mean. You could work in some light beers, and some drinks into your daily calories, and carb allowances so that your body doesn’t rebel and just gain it all back.

(Mark ) #4

Thanks for replies, hoping don’t put on half the weight lost in space of a week !

Will try to keep Cals down and see how I go

Kebabs can be keto! :). I would try and stick to light beer or the carb free liquor

(Jill F.) #6

Welcome! You will find when doing keto for a while you will not enjoy the non keto foods or drinks nearly as much as you used to. Alcohol will go straight to your head and have an amplified effect, so if you used to be able to drink 4 beers you may want to try just 1 to start off.

The hangover effect from eating high carb foods either that night or the next day is what keeps me on keto. The few times I have ventured mildly off keto I have regretted it and has gastrointestinal problems, nausea, headaches, and severe lethargic symptoms.

Enjoy your trip and know that you can always modify and hop back on the keto train when you get back!

(Mark ) #7

Biggest fear of putting big part of weight back on within 2 weeks

Can always go back keto when get back

(Mark ) #8

Regret coming off for holiday, eating carbs just felt bloated/lazy and put some weight on

Was enough to show me better to stay on it permanently

Never realised how much more energy I had and mental clarity/concentration etc

Off carbs for good now

(Susan) #9

Awesome, welcome back to the Keto world =).