Cold

(thefeatherdustersllc) #1

I have not been hungry much, so I have not been eating much. However, I have noticed that I have been getting very cold, is that a sign that I should eat something? Even if I’m not hungry?

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Normally yes.

Often a spoonfull of coconut oil can help.

Are you getting your protein?

(thefeatherdustersllc) #3

Maybe not enough. Yesterday I wasn’t very hungry and all I ate was a hard boiled egg and a pig in a blanket. Today the only thing I have had is half an avocado and an 8-ounce glass of salt water. I am going to have a piece of salmon for dinner here soon.

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

Sounds kind of skimpy, Don’t want to shut down your metabolism.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #5

Right, I don’t want to shut down my metabolism. So then my question is, when I eat I should make sure I have more calories? Because I’m really just not hungry.

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

My vote would be yes, eat more but I will gladly defer to someone with more experience.

It is my thought that it is one thing to fast and yet another to regularly eat limited amounts.

(Karen Fricke) #7

If you’re not hungry and comfortable, you’re probably eating enough and living off body fat. If you’re cold, you need more calories, try some fat first to see if that helps. You should also be averaging around 50 grams of protein per day.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #8

Ok, so just to make sure that I’m clear, if I am doing intermittent fasting for example, when I do eat I need to make sure to meet my protein macros, and if I’m still hungry to eat fat.

(Karen Fricke) #9

Most of us that use IF eat in a 4 hour window every day. Some also have BPC or some form of fat during the day if hungry ----- a fat fast. The main thing is if you’re cold, tired, sleepy, or weak, you probably need more calories.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #10

Awesome, thank you so much for helping me out, I greatly appreciate it!! Have a wonderful evening!