Coincidence or Not? 7 veggies you can eat on Keto

7 Veggies You Can Eat On Keto

Is it a coincidence these are the veggies I have always preferred? I think not! Minus the Kale? Yuck! But the other 7, awesome!

(Michel Labelle) #2

I have to stand up for Kale!!!

Honestly I was the same same way… until BUTTER (<insert @richard voice here).

• Melt a good 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a pan, and keep the heat on LOW once melted.
  • Toss in your 3-4 cups of washed green leaf kale (shredded to bite size pieces), and toss until evenly coated (no longer has dry spots). Takes 2-3 minutes, in which the kale will gently wilt a little.
  • Remove from heat and substitute in place of Romaine lettuce with a good caesar salad dressing, lots of Romano cheese and some (ok a lot) bacon bits.

BEST caesar salad you will ever have. Trust me, your non-keto friends will be asking you to serve it and even a picky food kid will want more…

mmm KALE <(Richard voice)

I LOVE kale. Bloody impossible to get in France - must grow some this year.

(Paula) #4

I heard a podcast list the top 7 Keto veggies:

1. asparagus
  2. cabbage
  3. broccoli
  4. celery
  5. kale
  6. cucumber
  7. Brussels sprouts
    Bonus veggie: olives

(Lynne Hurley Perry) #5

Niiice!!!

(Brian) #6

It’s kinda funny, the only one on the list I’m not crazy about is kale. Sounds like a common thing. LOL!! Otherwise, I like them all. And they happen to be on our list of veggies that are our go-to.

:slight_smile:

Yum - love the following recipe with kale. Also, use nice white balsamic vinegar as well in this.

I much prefer chard over kale.

(Stacy) #9

Paula, thank you for listing the veggies which were the exact ones in the video. I don’t like listening to all these videos and you duplicated the list perfectly

(Norma Laming) #10

Not sure about that because Brussels sprouts are quite high in carbs. Google says 9g carbs per 100g whereas watercress is 1.3g pee 100g

(Kelly Mitchell) #11

Kale - you have to know how to make it. Germans (my wife is one) do Kale right.
It needs to freeze at least once - best in it’s planted state. After being frozen 1-3 times (after that it will begin to rot when thawed), pick and cook or store in freezer.
Use fat - cook with sausage. A few carrots and garlic.

(Helen Taylor) #12

Kale. Pick out the biggest stalks, toss leaves in oil, and dress in a healthy sprinkling of Ras El Hanout - spices, warm ones. Put in a 180 Deg C 350 F oven for 10-15 mins to crisp up.

The best nibbles for drinks, for a movie instead of popcorn.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #13

Bok Choy(1.18 grams carbs per 100 grams) and Sui Choy aka Napa (2 grams carbs per 100 grams). Nothing else is worth the carb tax. Bok Choy comes in multiple varieties. Both are nutrient dense. They are also both brassicas if that’s an issue for you.