Cognitive Dissonance

(Pete A) #3

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, but good you work to feel better. Have you gotten good results with Keto?

I don’t know about blood types and diet except what you posted and below article. Looking forward to hearing more:

(Miss E) #4

results have been up and down, out of the 3 and a half weeks I’ve been keto, about 6 days have felt great, the rest not so much. Lost 4.5 kilos.

(Allie) #5

Well that’s just BS as I’m A+ and been keto nearly three years

(Pete A) #6

Not bad. Of course it could take weeks to recover from carb overload and adjust to fat burning. With your results it shows the diet is at least working. Have you any insight on the “why” of Type A doing better with carbs?

(Allie) #7

Hasn’t the blood type diet thing been debunked already?

(Rob) #8

Sounds like utter garbage. Blood type diets were a fad in the 90’s and I can’t see any scientific support except assertions by the authors trying to cash in.

You may not succeed at a ‘bacon and eggs’ version of Keto but I would ignore this guff and formulate your menus based on foods you like that achieve keto macros.

Not hungry?
(Miss E) #9

yeah I will adjust keto first and see how that goes but at the end of the day i gotta listen to my body.

thanks guys

(Miss E) #10

and are you thriving? digestion, liver, kidney, pancreas all okay?

(Allie) #11

Yep, all good here :slight_smile:

(Rob) #12

Of course - no-one here cares if you are keto or not as long as you are achieving your health goals… but don’t listen to health shop morons as a gold standard of advice. :roll_eyes:

(Miss E) #13

haha I’m not, was just thinking about historically what has worked for me. I love the benefits of keto so i hope dropping some of the animal fat works.

(Miss E) #14

Forgot to mention the staff member that gave me the advice was a dietician.

(Rob) #15

Well, why didn’t you say… that’s an instant IGNORE! :grin:

(Allie) #16

There are plenty of anti-keto, or just not knowledgeable about keto, dietitians around. Best intentions, but it goes against their training and they’re not awake enough to question the doctrine.

(Miss E) #17

She wasn’t against keto as a WOE, just said it didn’t suit my blood type.

(Karen) #18

Eva
You need to do what you can wrap your head around. OK, the science on keto seems sound, but I’ve spent too many fat years on CICO and vegetarian leaning diets. My mind on keto rebels a little, friends, coworkers, media, and my personal doctor s express concern. My body…well it just ticks along losing weight, with other health improvements. Somehow it just ignores my friends, coworkers, media and doctor’s opinions. Got a “mind” of it’s own.

K

(Jo O) #19

I’m also type A. 1.5 years Keto. No problems.

Why did you come to Keto?

(Miss E) #20

weight loss, clarity of mind and reduction in inflammation.

(Liz ) #21

This is barely begun in a Keto timeline, seriously, I wasn’t even fully fat adapted until 6 weeks in and changes continued to happen every month. See how you feel in 6 months.

(Allie) #22

Took me a good six months to get adapted