Cognitive Dissonance

(Liz ) #21

This is barely begun in a Keto timeline, seriously, I wasn’t even fully fat adapted until 6 weeks in and changes continued to happen every month. See how you feel in 6 months.

(Allie) #22

Took me a good six months to get adapted

(Karen) #23

About 6 months here and still have some hunger so sort of fat adapted.

K

I was wondering the same thing. You can do keto and rely mostly on fish.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #25

https://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/NegativeBR/d'adamo.html

2003: Norway debunked it after the book sold 40K copies in Norway. The link to the study gets a 404 but here’s a blog that translates nicely with a browser add in: https://tidsskriftet.no/2001/01/kronikk/blodtypedietten-vitenskap-eller-fantasi

2013: A comprehensive review of studies. They found no support anywhere in peer reviewed journals for any aspect of the ABO blood spectrum and diet. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23697707

But lastly, having sold many millions of books internationally, why hasn’t Dr. D’Adamo published the results of a 10 year study started in 1988 on Eat Right 4 Your Type and cancer remission.

I am type A, and do very well on keto and not so great on “post agrarian foods.”

3 Year Keto, but gaining back weight fast
(Melissa Marie) #26

Im A+ and have only been on since Jan. Starting out it was rough with digestion and GERD and the keto flu for a few days. Once I got ACV capsules that resolved digestion problems. Im down 18lbs and have more energy now than I have had in a long long time. Im not sure if im feeling great because of keto or new vitamin supplements I started but either way it’s working. I’ve read into the blood type diet and because of inflamation that can be caused by various things in the diet im not sure that it would ultimately be helpful. It’s a personal thing for everyone and we need to do what works best for us. If ever I started feeling bad consistently i’d definitely reevaluate things. I know certain deficiencies like not getting enough sodium and magnesium can throw things out of whack and female hormones take a while to get in order also which has been quite interesting.

(mykittashi) #27

I have this book and found the anthropological argument interesting, but the “diet” didn’t work for me at all and the foods I’m “supposed” to eat didn’t appeal to me at all. I have been so much more satisfied with keto in terms of results and happy taste buds!

(CharleyD) #28

A+ here too, mostly Italian ancestry, with Beta Thalassemia. Love me some sashimi, but as there’s an infinite way of making your keto work, keep working on it! Steak and butter isn’t a rule. :sunglasses:

(Miss E) #29

Thank you, I shall keep trying :slight_smile:

As your body adjusts to Keto there will be a tremendous amount of healing occurring at the same time.

Keep going, simplify.

The health benefits are fantastic!

I know of a type 1 diabetic with allergies to mammal proteins who is flourishing on a keto way of eating. Fish is her main protein source.

(Miss E) #32

sigh

went over my carbs today. Think the idea of not quite knowing where to go from here overwhelmed me. Thought I’d be a bit more “relaxed” with my carbs today to see if i stayed in ketosis and if i felt any better. Do feel better, but also worse. First time falling of the horse :confused:

I think falling off the horse is normal and you just need to get back on - but getting a bit relaxed with your carbs is hardly a fall!
What do you mean, “better but also worse?”

(Miss E) #34

I feel less tense, but more gassy :stuck_out_tongue: , slight headache and feeling of fullness that I don’t get on lower carb.

(Miss E) #35

also itchy, guessing that’s something to do with blood maybe.

hmmm - I wish I had some special insights for you. Some folks do well with mostly keto and then some “carb-ups.” Have you seen posts about that?
Also it’s possible that some of your gassiness, headache etc had more to do with what form the carbs took (grains?) than with the actual carb gram count.

(Jo O) #37

Checkout Healthy Pursuit, Leeann Vogel’s podcast/youtube. She has been dealing with a lot of issues. Her approach to Keto might help.

(Bunny) #38

Fascinating stuff!

1. How to change your blood type without even trying:

Blood types were once thought to be with people for life. And, in almost every case, they’re still thought to be with a person for life. But there is one patient whose blood type actually changed. A liver transplant, apparently, has a shot of changing a person’s blood type.

There was once a simple time in human history when everyone had just one blood type, and that blood type was O negative. It wasn’t called O at the time, of course, because even if anyone was looking at it, it would just have been blood to them. But life kept up its usual trick of evolving, and suddenly, on the surface of the lovely, smooth, red blood cells were little agglutinations of protein. There was what’s now known as the Rh factor, the thing that turns O negative blood into O positive blood. Then there were other little clumps of protein, which separated Rh positive blood and Rh negative blood into A and B types. For the vast majority of history, only the Rh factor caused any bother. The system of an Rh negative woman who became pregnant with an Rh positive baby could see the infant’s blood type as an outside body, and attack it. This was such a selector that today eighty-five percent of people are Rh positive.

Meanwhile, A and B types only began troubling humankind by the time blood transfusions and organ transplants were happening. (Before that, any human blood or organs entering the body generally came via the stomach, which isn’t that fussy about blood types.) Again, the immune system would attack the strangely bedecked blood cells and cause medical problems. Type O patients, roughly forty-five percent of the population, could give out their blood and organs, but couldn’t receive anyone else’s. The Rh factor of the blood depended on what type of medical procedure was being done. …More

1. The Basics on Blood: What’s Your Type and Can It Change?
  1. Scientists Discover an Enzyme That Can Change a Person’s Blood Type
  1. DIETARY LECTINS: BLOOD TYPES & FOOD ALLERGIES

I gave a bone marrow donation to my sister with leukaemia.
She changed from her O+ to my A+ blood groups, but also inherited my allergies (including coeliac disease, which she was less than thrilled about)

(Rob) #40

The gift that keeps on giving… :flushed:

3 Year Keto, but gaining back weight fast