Coffee increasing life expectancy

(Sonia A.) #1

Did you see these new studies ? I found this interesting for all the keto coffee’s lovers out there, me included :wink:.

One study surveyed more than 520,000 people in 10 European countries, making it the largest study to date on coffee and mortality, and found that drinking more coffee could significantly lower a person’s risk of mortality.
The second study was more novel, as it focused on nonwhite populations. After surveying over 185,000 African-Americans, Native Americans, Hawaiians, Japanese-Americans, Latinos and whites, the researchers found that coffee increases longevity across various races.

It’s from the typical association studies using statistical methods and surveys. I wouldn’t put too much faith in the results. I’d like to see what other factors were involved besides just coffee. Correlation does not equal causation.

People who drank two to four cups a day had an 18% lower risk of death compared with people who did not drink coffee

I’m pretty sure everyone has the same risk of death. 100% :wink:
I know the risk of death for people around me goes down when I drink coffee.

(Sonia A.) #3

I agree. I know we have to take these studies with a grain of salt and that they didn’t prove causation. But I find these studies interesting because they’re not vilifying coffee anymore. With all the studies I’ve read on the subject saying that coffee is not good (cortisol, BP…), it was refreshing to see another perspective.

:joy: Yes, I’m with you here.