Coffee drinkers

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #21

I’ve heard such conflicting things about raw egg whites that laziness just took over… if I put eggs in my coffee with the cream it is the whole dang egg.

If I painted more often I could use the whites in the paint. It is nice for glowy translucent colors. Or use a whole egg in home made tempura paints. But rice flour and egg whites make a nice paint base… hmmmm… It may be time to get to work.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #22

What is your approximate grounds to coffee ratio? How long do you steep once topped off with cold water? I love the idea of cold brew, but haven’t been terribly successful, so would love your input.

I do refrigerate any leftovers from my French press (on days when I don’t have time to linger over a pot of coffee,) and have it cold in the afternoon. Especially on hot subtropical summer days.

(traci simpson) #23

I can’t use any sweeteners at all. I drink cold brews or Americano’s with (if I make my own coffee) 2 TB HWC. If I go to SB’s whatever cream they put in there but I’m noticing that right after I finish drinking it, I get a scratchy throat.

Heavy cream and a couple sucra drops. Sometimes black depending on what I’m doing, but I only do that with flavored coffees. LOT of iced coffee!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

I have an espresso machine and I either pull straight doubles, or a lungo with added cream. Never sweetened. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ron) #26

Old school - Black with splash of HWC, Decaf of coarse.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #27

I just bought my first bag of decaf in my life. I tell myself I like tea, but apparently not enough to make it if I don’t have guests. But a cup of coffee in the evening sounds delightful. So now I have regular for the morning and decaf for dinner.

(Ron) #28

@Ruina
I am picky with coffee and my decaf beans have to be decaffeinated through the Swiss water process or i pass on it. The other procedures use chemicals and I don’t go there. Check Swiss water process out if you haven’t. :wink:

(charlie3) #29

I make a pot at a time. Fill the grinder too the max. I warm 8 cups water through the coffee maker and pour into the container holding the coffee grounds and let sit for a few minutes then top off with 4 cups water (markings on the coffee maker pot). Let that sit for a while then pour through the metal mesh filter in the coffee maker to separate the grounds from the coffee and let that sit for a while, may be an hour, it varies. Then pour that into the container and refrigerate. I stopped buying fancy coffee. The Costco stuff in 3 lbs bags seems fine. It helps to put the next mug into the freezer for a few hours with stevia and cream added. May be the cream resists icing? I want normal strength coffee even with a lot of ice. With a little practice the above process is reletively fast. My experience is the coffee for ice coffee keeps fine refrigerated.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #30

thanks! Now that summer is here I shall do some more experimenting.

Maybe I’ll measure how much my french press holds and try your method with 2/3 heated water, then 1/3 cold.

We have Metro here, which is kind of French Costco for a Chinese market… I’ve found a kilo bag there I like.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #31

Try freezing leftover coffee in ice cube trays. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Candace) #32

Black - I enjoy a nice dark roast, and during the week we make a pot, and then use our keurig if we want more. On Saturdays, we make it a different way, such as French Press.

(Doug) #33

With cream, or black. Sometimes it’s hours old, and wasn’t very good to begin with, and I’m still thankful for it.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #34

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #35

I love my coffee hot and black—the way God created it. :rofl:

heavy whipping cream, salt, sucralose drops. It’s perfect and delicious!

(Vic) #37

During the work day most of my coffee is black

I never thought I could do black till Keto and when I went black it took only 2 days and then I began to perfer it most of the time

Occasionally if I want something different I will do a tablespoon of butter some cinnamon and few drops of stevia as of recent caramel stevia

If I am going to be out and about and not eat till dinner my wife will make a vanilla iced coffee with butter, MCT oil and almond milk that is nice sometimes too, I dont have this one too often