Coffee and carnivore? Can I get your input

I’m trying 30 days of nose-to-tail carnivore. Day 1 (yesterday) was a success. I am normally a late-night craving/binger, so I fried some chicken livers in butter around 7:30pm and was fine.

I’m still struggling with coffee (black), however. I know that coffee isn’t technically carnviore, so I get it. However, what I’m concerned about is giving up coffee while going carnivore and then subconciously resenting the carnivore approach because I miss my coffee. On the other hand, if I keep coffee in, I’m thinking it’ll make the carnivore less drastic, so to speak.

For those of who have tried/are carnivore, what’s your approach to coffee?

(bulkbiker) #2

I drink it with double cream (UK).

(mole person) #3

I drink it with HW cream.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Amber O’Hern drinks coffee. So if it helps you meet your goal, go for it. Enjoy.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

I think the phrase is “necessary drug” or something like that. And the nice thing is that while sweetener may not be carnivore, heavy cream certainly is!

I drink coffee regularly, with tablespoon of butter and himalayan salt.

(Chris) #7

If you tolerate it, keep drinking it. Later on you may want to cut it temporarily just to see if you feel even better without. But if it helps adherence early on, then so be it.

(Liz) #8

I guess I would call myself a lazy/dirty carnivore as I keep coffee in my diet. Often drink it black and once a day with double/hwc to help up my fats. I also include eggs in my diet and sometimes cheese, it is still producing a steady weight loss and I feel good on it!

I add MCT oil or butter, and heavy cream to the coffee. I get bad withdrawal headaches if I stop coffee (tried that before), plus, I just love the taste of it! So, its equally both a need and a want here.

Having said that, I don’t require as much coffee as before, because the energy level has skyrocketed since becoming Keto, then more carnivore.

(Chris) #10

I wouldn’t even call that lazy or dirty. That’s about how the majority does it.

(April Harkness) #11

Carnivore here but not strict as i still put spices and low carb sauces on my meat. And yes…copious amounts of coffee. Why? I actually really love the taste. I also prefer it black. Although i do put butter in my first cup of the day. My next two are always black. I love the flavor profiles of the coffees. All the nuances my tongue picks up. I love the ritual on the weekends of my pourover or frenchpress coffee and a morning paper after my training session. I do not intend to give it up. Per my genetic profile, i am a fast metabolizer of caffeine. So i shall drink up. The carnivore police have yet to arrest me. ( yes i am a coffee snob)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

These go away after the two-week mark. Assuming you even want to try, lol!

Yeah…nope. LOL! Not going to try giving it up again. I like the taste too much! Plus, I think having greatly reduced my intake, the amount I drink now is perfectly healthy. But thank you for the reminder and encouragement!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

I seem to remember something about coffee mugs and cold dead hands . . . . :rofl:

That would be me. 100%. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(joseph) #16

Dr. Ken Berry does a little butter and salt in his coffee throughout the day. Check out his latest you tube videos. :slight_smile: