Clothes? Nudist?

clothes

(Murphy Kismet) #1

May I complain for a moment? Thank you. :slight_smile:

When I was bigger, I’d find some awesome clothes, but only in smaller sizes. None in XL.
Now that I’m smaller (small), I’m finding awesome clothes, but in LARGER sizes, and not in my new size. :unamused:

I think I’m meant to be a nudist lol :crazy_face:

Also, mirrors are weird now. I mean, I walk by the only long mirror in the house, and my first thought is, “Who put a fun house mirror in the bedroom?” I swear, I look like some elongated freak, like too tall? Too slim? I barely recognize myself anymore.

Another thought that regularly occurs is that it’s not real, I’m still fat, still overweight, not at all what I’m seeing in the mirror, or the scale. It’s like my mind simply cannot wrap itself around the idea that I am in fact, quite smaller than I used to be, and this is the New Me. Deal with it, yo!

We make our own best head games with ourselves, don’t we?

I know what you mean! I’m down 40lbs with no real goal weight, but I want to get rid of this belly. Still a ways to go.

BUT I simply cannot keep wearing these XL blouses and shirts. It is starting to look ridiculous. I’ve had to pack most of them away. (Yes, pack them away because if I donate them the fat will find out and come back right? eye roll Head games.)

So now I need to get some new ones. (But not too many because that is tempting the fat gremlins too, right?) However, taking a medium into the dressing room is so FOREIGN to me. I feel like I am shopping for someone else.

(Susan) #3

Wow… I have lost 36 pounds, and wearing the same clothes, have over 120 to go… and I have clothes that fit me at that size… so they are waiting for me! This round is permanent I am not going through the agony of yo-yo diets ever again.

Keto for life, and I will be slim one day and stay that way!

(Marianne) #4

I hear you. As an overweight person for a long, long time, I notice there are lots more larger size choices than ever before, and not as many small. Can’t wait to experience that dilemma! The good thing is when you’re thin, you can put on a burlap sack and rock it.

I have lost a good amount of weight but still have a ways to go. My body is an acceptable size to me now. When getting ready or after showering, I am comfortable walking around the house naked now if it’s just in front of the dogs. :blush:

(Deborah ) #5

Exactly! When I was Plus size, I’d find clothes in regular sizes; now that I’m in regular sizes, I see stuff in Plus sizes that I like! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Very happy to be out of the Plus size dept., though. :smiley:

(The Lackadaisical Ketologist ) #6

Go with your gut on this one. As long as you live in warmer climates anyway. Use lots of sunscreen.

Or like me you could just follow the Homer Simpson method of dressing. Just buy all identical clothes in various sizes and wear the same basic outfit every day for the rest of your life. It’s not as freeing as living the nudist lifestyle, but it gets really cold here in the winter.

(Murphy Kismet) #7

@Kage I’m keeping ALL my “fat” clothes, if only to detour karma lol.
I’ve tossed fat clothes before and hot fat again. Not this time adipose!:blush:

(Murphy Kismet) #8

Yeah not gonna happen here. :sweat_smile:
I run cold most days. It takes a lot for me to feel comfortable temp-wise. Guess I’m stuck with moomoo-style clothing until something comes my way.

(The Lackadaisical Ketologist ) #9

I would introduce you to my clothier, Omar the Tentmaker, but I see you are a scant 120 and he doesn’t even start sizes until 350. Of course that is in lbs, I am not sure what you call it in your country or if you even have scales there. I presume you all have to share one in the village square, which brings us back to the nudist lifestyle.

(Ken) #10

I have to admit I"m fan of Speedos and Bodybuilder type “Banana Sack” type clothes. But, only in one specific context. I wish I had a full set of pictures of myself wearing them in my “Before” pictures. I think the shock value would be tremendous, and very entertaining. I wouldn’t ever consider those types of clothes now, even if I thought I could pull it off.

That’s why I tell noobs to take pictures, as revealing as possible. You could really have some fun in the future.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #11

Sounds like you’ve made great progress and you should be proud! It does take some getting used to when you’re so accustomed to being overweight. I still struggle with how I look sometimes too. I see an article of clothing and think ”that wouldn’t look good on me.” But then I have to remind myself that it actually MIGHT look good on me because I’m not the same size anymore. I even still struggle with clothing size. I went from a US size 16 to a…? :joy: I was buying size 12/large for a while but they became too loose, so I started buying size 10/medium and now some of those even seem big. But it’s hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I may be a size 8/small or medium depending on the cut.

I feel this. 70 lbs and still have a belly :roll_eyes: but I’ve been hitting the gym. I’m not sure if I can EF. I do OMAD but I feel like if I haven’t eaten in over 18 or so hours, I become ravenous.

Let it go, let it goooo! In my Elsa voice :joy: but seriously I gave all mine to goodwill specifically so I won’t get fat again. I tell myself I won’t have clothes to wear if I get fat and I can’t afford all new ones :joy:

(Murphy Kismet) #12

Hi @BeefCake the 120 is in lbs. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that moomoo probably would float around me lol. And be cool-ish :open_mouth:

(Murphy Kismet) #13

Oh, don’t me wrong, I am very proud of my progress. :sunglasses: Impressed, and a bit overwhelmed, to be honest. I have not been this low in weight since before I was a teenager. I have no real memory of being this small, even though I obviously was as a child. :slight_smile:
It’s just so new. I never thought I’d actually be able to get down to this weight. It always seemed to stall at 160lbs.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #14

Nearly 4 years after the birth of my first child, I disposed of all my maternity clothes because I wasn’t going to have any more kids. My first was 4 years and 4 months when my second was born! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: