Closet miracles

My suits have ranged all over the board with waist sizes up to 40" and suits up to 48R. Now the 43R fits and the waists are in the 33-34" range, I have slowly but surely spending the money to have the clothes taken in but decided I would just donate a bunch of my old fat boy clothes to make room in the closet.

I opened up a bag. Full of 34" waist (expensive) trousers and L sized shirts (I have loads of XLs). I haven’t bought 33" waist pants since high school so none of those to be found. Also found three custom made suits from my skinny days. I will still need to take them in a little, but the problem with the fat boy suits is that to do them right requires A LOT of excellent tailoring.

I am sure many of you have had this experience in spades, but it was finding the huge stack of "new clothes) that made my morning. 4 pairs of slacks and 2 shirts STILL HAD THE TAGS on!

(Susan) #2

Congrats on your closet miracles, that is awesome.

I have found clothes with the tags still on that are too big for me now, hahahaha.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Closet-shopping is the best kind! :+1:

(Marianne) #4

That is such a wonderful feeling!

My husband was very thin when we got married (not that he ever got fat, but he had gained a few pounds over the years). He has been on keto and lost all the weight he had in his belly (and some in other places, I guess). His wedding suit fits again, although the pants were too baggy, as they were in that day. Just took them to the tailor and got an “Italian” leg, I think they called it - very slim fitting in calf and thigh. They look great and fit well. The jacket was okay and not worth the expense. Still looks better with the pants tailored.

(Bob M) #5

I had suits and pants and sport coats that the tailor said he couldn’t take in, as I lost too much weight. To go from a 43 to a 36 is a lot to take in for pants. For my upper body, it was also a lot given the belly I’ve lost. I still have some belly, but nowhere near what it was.

I lost some nice clothes. I also never kept my old clothes, so I’ve had to re-buy clothes. I’m down to one suit that fits me, and I bought it not too long ago.