Clean Carnivore Crew, January 2022

zerocarb
carnivore

(Judy Thompson) #402

(Mary Donovan) #403

I really appreciate all your beautiful pictures!

(Mary Donovan) #404

Well it was a LONG day for me today! My days start at 515am and I have to be at work by 7am. I had my second baby tonight and she was so sweet and easy. After I gave her a bath which she loves, she wanted a bottle and then crashed. I was done with her at 947pm tonight. Then 1/2 he drive home and now in bed and ready to crash.

Today was a hungry day and I so appreciate ready that if I am hungry, eat and give my body what it needs. So I did just that!

4 Eggs for breakfast cooked in lard. Small ribeye for lunch, 3 chicken thighs and ate the fourth skin of another one for dinner. I had shaved beef with lard as a snack when I needed something more.

My mind still plays games with me telling me that I am screwing up because I wanted more food and ate it. I know better but struggle with this from time to time.

Majorly Tired and Forever Grateful!
Sleep well all and stay warm!

(Judy Thompson) #405

I love this too. An Eastern mystic said ā€œeat when hungry, sleep when tired.ā€ So simple and yet in this day and age how many people are wise enough to do it?

(Judy Thompson) #406

So next week when we go to the brewery Iā€™m getting a rib eye and giving my sides to him (he wants more mashed potatoes.) Iā€™m money ahead since Iā€™m rapidly getting to a place where beer is kinda nasty for me.

(Will) #407

Thank you for the info. Iā€™m going to give this a try today.

Hopefully itā€™s over for you! But if we are at the topicā€¦ I NEVER had anything like that on carnivore but now I got nearer than I like. Not so bad but off feelings, more frequent and softer stoolā€¦ What. The handful of times I had it in the last decade was due to bad magnesium pills, maltitol (not always. I only tried it in not tiny quantities 2 times but the results were different) and carbs (never figured out what else I can do as I ate much carbs zillion times and it was almost always fine).
Oh well, I wonā€™t figure out what I did wrong this time - or if I did wrong anything. My body loves stability and usually refuses to change even if my diet drastically changes but that isnā€™t perfectā€¦

And you are really a little hero to stick to carnivore even with inferior food. Itā€™s so sad, there are so many great carnivore food out there and you get something subpar. I wish you way better meals in the future every time!

Hot water :smiley: I so refused the idea for long but Water Only November Challenge cameā€¦ I didnā€™t even think about doing itā€¦ But then I wonderedā€¦ I still didnā€™t do it but I could drink only water until lunchtime on many days. It turned out hot water is good! I only hate lukewarm water. It must be hot or cold. It proved we shouldnā€™t dismiss things easilyā€¦ We may surprise ourselves. I usually am open to challenges but I really was shocked hot water worked.

I looked at my notes. All my weeks are different in January :smiley: First I had higher-cal, meatier timesā€¦ Then lower-meat times, a bit less calories but then I went over 2800 again according to guesstimationā€¦ And now I have OMAD and my calories are almost lower than ever, even with the fattiest items and staying as low with protein as I never could without overeating fat. I am curious about the coming leaner days.
But carnivore OMAD seems very, very effective for me. I probably will do some TMAD days but I donā€™t want to go back to eating lunch. 3pm is way too early for me to have my first meal. But I may have such days as well, very occasionally. I just am careful as I want to lose every tiny compulsion to eat that early without hunger.

It seems I lost a little weight already but I will weigh myself without clothes tomorrow.

I almost messed with my roast but I realized I canā€™t bake and make roast at the same time (my brain doesnā€™t work so great when my sleep was in 2 far away pieces. at least I slept my sacred 3-6am asleep so I am just half-zombie, not full) so it is already in the oven. I wonder if it will need 2.5 hours like the previous oneā€¦

The problem is that we donā€™t always can eat when hungry and sleep when tired. We may not even need food or sleep at those times. So itā€™s not that simple every time but as a general idea? Pretty good indeed and itā€™s sad to see that people donā€™t care about themselves enough.
(And I didnā€™t even mention people who donā€™;t know what hunger is. Itā€™s odd to me, I always felt hunger. Though my knowledge still could go deeper :wink: I have multiple types of hunger and a bunch of other potentially valid reasons to eat. Oh there are no simple things for humans, we can overcomplicate anything - but in many cases it is truly complex to begin with.)

@Karen18
interesting on your review regarding your jobā€¦see you are gonna do something different now :slight_smile: and remember tho it is all about change. Donā€™t fight change, take the best path forward that works great for you and go for it. New adventures coming at you, new doors opening.

@Ketodaisy
I must of missed the cortisol manager stuff. Let us know what it does for ya. Beautiful meat pics but that is normal for you and I love seeing them!!

@Shinita
just keep eating as you need, but it is good when you do undereat your body is saying feed me more :slight_smile: Just follow the appetite, it shows us low and clear and SUPER congrats on the scale treating you wellā€¦plus remember clothes will fit looser with no change on the scale soā€¦just keep on ZC trucking!

@JJFiddle
I SO feel ya on eating out. I had ā€˜momentsā€™ in my yrs on plan where eating out drove me insane, it is what my hubby loves to do LOL and I got SO not into eating out and boy it is hard sometimes to find that balance but we do.

So simple, eat when hungry, sleep when tiredā€¦but ya know I donā€™t think it is about people not getting that in a way, I think lifestyles today, just the massive stress of it all plus bombarded 24/7 with food in our face and judgements against humans in general from every angle and crazy politics and moreā€¦I think we ALL lost what the hell life is about. Life is not natural anymore by any means ya knowā€¦that eat when hungry and sleep when tired is a normal life function, seems not many are there anymore about what natural normal true life is about. Sad really.

-------------Simple eating day. After reading ribeyes and seeing ribeye pics I am hitting store for just a few darn things I need but I am grabbing a ribeyeā€¦a big honking one :slight_smile: I will pic it when I get back with it LOL

I got Tbone and NY Strips in freezerā€¦been dining on those but that pic of Relics ribeye the other day got me wanting one now.

Today is big ribeye and a lb. of shrimp. got burger meat for later when hungry

COLD here and I am not loving it at all. In real Brrrr land, not like SB and other guys here being in the minusā€¦we are like 19 deg. outside and that to me is just too darn cold, I canā€™t take it :crazy_face:

Not alot of Jan time leftā€¦keep going strong everyone, this group is truly finding themselves on this lifestyle, it is wonderful to read how well everyone is getting thru their journey!!

I have read back.

Itā€™s more like conscious about garbage, at least itā€™s part of this for me. But of course, why would I pay for water when I have it in my well? (I could buy meat with that money :D) I actually pay for carbonated water but thatā€™s different, I love it but I mostly drink normal water as I should. The carbonated water is cheap and the container is reused, I swap the empty ones to filled ones in the shop.
So itā€™s normal, logical thinking :slight_smile: I would gain nothing with buying water but it would be bad in so many ways, energy, garbage, my consciousness, my principles about needlessly buying stuffā€¦

Alvaro prefers glass bottles as he drinks a lot at work and feels the plastic taste when using plastic. I am aware itā€™s not perfect but my body should handle modern thingsā€¦ At least my water isnā€™t as full with microplastic originally as some bottled waters as far as I knowā€¦
And the tiny brooklet in the forest with super good water has a sign about no drinking waterā€¦ Most of us ignore it. Itā€™s great. On the other hand, the water at Alvaroā€™s Mom was exceptionally awful the last time. Chlorine galoreā€¦ There is a reason we never drink it alone but I make coffee and when itā€™s really bad, I feel it. Yeah, itā€™s safe water I suppose but not really drinkable, sometimes not at all. Most Hungarian tap water isnā€™t nice enough to me but I was spoiled with great tap water at the place I called my real home. Where I actually lived most of the time had so bad water I only could drink it if I put something into it, tea or a piece of a fizzy vitamin tablet. I drank worse since, even my village has worse water at some parts - I usually spit it out but wetting my mouth is better than nothing sometimes on the way home - but it doesnā€™t help with my standards. That wonderful water was great, even SOFT! Itā€™s hard in most parts of the country but probably never is as hard as right here, I have so much problem with limescaleā€¦ But itā€™s not as bad as in most places, I am kind of pleased with it, I just remember I drank better before.

I am soooooooooooo lucky that carbs donā€™t fix anything just makes things worseā€¦
I donā€™t say they canā€™t make my life a tad nicer for a short time, I like variety, I get curious, I still love so many carby thingsā€¦ I donā€™t need them or crave them (or it takes a long time. I am an evolved being regarding this: I can handle Alvaro buying a lot of bananas or oranges and not touching them. I really love bothā€¦ well okay my December is close and I had stuff there but it didnā€™t make things much easier in the past. itā€™s nice to have this freedom. but it it would continue for very long, I would get tempted) - but they are still nice and mostly harmless if I donā€™t overdo things. And itā€™s not that easy to overdo carbs as the more I eat from them, the more I want to go back to carnivore and itā€™s pretty quick. Usually. Donā€™t underestimate December compulsion. But these things canā€™t last for very very long either. I am a hedonist, I canā€™t torture myself seriously or for long even if compulsions are involved. And I get a tabula rasa every morning, somewhat. I got a chance to fight back. Or to mitigate the problems. It actually worked when I did higher-carb OMAD at my Aunt for 2 days. It wasnā€™t ideal but I didnā€™t get unwell. Of course there were copious amounts of meat in my meals :smiley:
But I know itā€™s not so easy for everyone (if we call my situation where I go off keto all the time easy. I think now I can do keto without carnivore but itā€™s still rare).

[ā€¦]
I have built a tiny snowman! :smiley: The snow wasnā€™t best for it but I forced my will upon the substance. Pretty sunny day but windy so we only went out for a tiny walk.
I am hungry and my food isnā€™t ready yetā€¦ But itā€™s not sunset yet either. I am fine just a bit hungry and my focus is mostly on food in this stateā€¦ :slight_smile: My sponge cakes are baking and the roast needs but a tiiiiny bit of time! I think I drink that tongue-water I use as some half-decent soup when hungryā€¦ Mealtime is near.

(Daisy) #411

I may not have said anything about on here. I forget sometimes what I talk about on here vs Instagram :joy:. I have been posting a lot about this quest of mine for better sleep in Instagram and have been getting tons of advice from people. Some things Iā€™ve tried and some Iā€™m not willing to. But one person a few weeks ago told me that a certain ā€œinfluencerā€ had gotten a cortisol manager and it had changed her life with sleep. Knowing FULL WELL that stress is my main issue, this intrigued me and I reached out to the person. She gave me some more information about what she was using and I looked into and found something similar to what she was using but with ingredients that looked safe for me. This one has 300 mg ashwagandha, 200 mg rhodiola rosea root extract, 100 mg l-theanine and youā€™re supposed to take it twice a day, 20 minutes before eating. I have been taking 100 mg of l-theanine for the last 2 weeks with my morning supplements (copper for my hair and k2/d3 for my teeth), so I only took one dose yesterday. Today I cut out the solo l-theanine to be able to take both doses of the cortisol manager. I slept pretty decent last night with 3 hour stretches, but it was good sleep during the first 2 stretches (itā€™s Saturday so itā€™s my only day to stay in bed as late as I want :joy:)

(Judy Thompson) #412

Iā€™m finding that too! I had such indigestion after sausages and beer lastnight. Itā€™s no wonder nobody here chides me when I eat bad things - the body chides me enough for everyone. When Fangs said that not many people can ever go back - Iā€™m beginning to see why!

(Karen) #413

Up with the alarm at 7.45am stair runs done and straight off to CrossFit. Mixed bar and cv pairs workout so did it with my daughter. When I read the workout first thing 8 thought there was no way we would do the whole thing in the time cap (30mins) but we finished in 24mins 17secs. Kept my weight reasonably low having not done any bar work for over 3 months and it did feel slightly light but that was down to my daughter deciding I should use the training bar and pick the lighter of the two, added plates but was still lighter than her bar. Sheā€™s a strong lass and she loves the bar work whereas I love the cv. How different ar we? Lol
Gave her the little gift of the electric lunchbox and she was as pleased as punch and said it will come in very useful. So glad.

Came home and got on with getting all the plants that were cluttering up the kitchen floor, into containers and pots. It took all afternoon! Just remembering to put the correct soil with the right plants ā€¦ flippin nora I had a bit of a headache at the end but that could have been lack of food. Patio cant fit much more on at the mo but looks really pretty. Need to get the parasol fixed to wall to see where I can fix some planters to the walls! Then I can start buying more plants hahaha.

Eventually had a bit of cheese nd 2 pork chops at 4.30pm fmoftd. Then I had a bit more cheese and some cold beef slicesā€¦ not that tasty but all that washing the fridge that I could tuvk into straight away. Boiled up 5 hard boiled eggs ready for tomorrow as Sian and I are taking Ben for a walk in Sherwood Pines. We will stop at a cafe we have stopped at before as they catered for our diets but always best to take some snack in case of eventualities. Just realised no foody pics!

I start another comment but wonā€™t sent it right now. Just some happenings.

I ate at 4pm and managed about 700 kcalā€¦ What. Lean food is something else and I found the roast a tad lean, eggs a bit boringā€¦ Itā€™s good I made sponge cakes, partially with yogurt (and some with dill).
So itā€™s not an OMAD day for me, fine with that, I like eating multiple times sometimes, I just want to avoid overeating. But now I have super easy satiation.

This is the food I partially have eaten (poached eggs, pĆ¢tĆ©, sponge cakes, some with yogurt and dill, pork roast and leftover fish and leftover scrambled eggs):

Alvaro made some photos from his window, I didnā€™t even know where these parts areā€¦ They turned out nice, sunset and snow and tiny villagesā€¦ We can see 3 of the latters. My view is less great as there is a small hill blocking the view. I see our pines and linden tree, mostly. And a field.

[ā€¦]
Dinnertime came and I ate again. Well, tried. After the ~750 kcal lunch I managed to eat a ~210 kcal dinnerā€¦ I am curious what will happen if I keep it up tomorrow as wellā€¦
I donā€™t call my state satiation but I would rather suffer than stomach more lean stuff (including scrambled eggs, they arenā€™t lean but I canā€™t overeat it just like lean food. I probably couldnā€™t overeat carby low-fat food either, my body and taste donā€™t work like that. though I could go further with it if I chose my items well) and I donā€™t suffer at all, I am not even hungry. I already had a hypothesis that my inner hedonist (the boss among my inner selves) or my body turns off hunger signs when my appetite is extremely negative. Or itā€™s an automatic mechanism. Or it doesnā€™t matter. But I lose my hunger very easily if I donā€™t have proper food.

Oh well, if I will get hungry, I will make another attempt to eat.

And I watched a video about what Yakutian people in their -50C eat traditionallyā€¦ Raw horse meat, raw fish, fried fishā€¦ Drink is kumis, dessert is cream with a few berries able to grow thereā€¦
There was a carby food too, cooked butter+flour and bread, they said itā€™s their fattiest dish. I have way more fattier food, all those carbs donā€™t let it be really fattyā€¦ But the traditional part was nice.
Some people obviously commented about the total lack of vegetables and most carbs, whereā€™s the fiber etc. but ZILLION people started to talk about various things I often read on this forumā€¦ I was pleasantly surprised.

[ā€¦]
I am fine and satiated now but I had some horrible time. I felt a bit starved (hard to explain, more like tired than actively hungry but I was annoyingly hungry) and I had a huge meat and egg aversionā€¦ And the usual that happens when I have this, I didnā€™t want any food in existence. I only knew about a handful of carby food I could eat, not with joy but still. We had only 1-2 of those but I am super stubborn now. I had a huge variety of dense, fatty carnivore food even if they werenā€™t strict carnivore (processed meat, dairy items) and I ate as much as I physically could from each. So a bite from all.
Guesstimation says 1440 kcal, it took 1-2 hours while I wasnā€™t satiated but it arrived in the end. Phew. It was hard. Fattiness was 54% after dinner, it went over 60%, I could eat most from the new darling, yogurt but I really didnā€™t want that either, I just have an easier time with soft, creamy things. I drank an eggy coffee too.

I will be more careful tomorrow, I simply eat as soon as I can and use everything at my disposal (well, the carni food, I mean). Strict times are for days when I donā€™t only have a lot of pork but I am able to stomach it. No idea what my problem was but I got a seriously negative appetite way too soon.

(I will stick to pork chuck in the near future. And wonā€™t overdo baking and cooking but it had to be done in the last days. And the monthly fast was important too but I wonā€™t go THAT far next time. Well I hope I will go further but with less effort and discomfort (the strange tiredness and focus on food, thatā€™s not nice for days in row. and being disciplined isnā€™t my thing either, itā€™s fun but tiring). No regrets about this one, I did well even if it had a toll on me. But sometimes I didnā€™t eat when hungry because I couldnā€™t. I need at least zero appetite for it, negative just doesnā€™t work. If I must, I force myself but that takes more than a tiresome hunger.)

Tomorrow I will try to take it easy :slight_smile: Itā€™s not so simple as I canā€™t force myself to take it easy and I am very stubborn now, itā€™s already some kind of problem I canā€™t eat as strict as I planned. So I automatically try to do it stricter. I donā€™t want the non-strict stuff, I am merely forced to eat it to avoid being starved, itā€™s quite sad. But maybe it will be better tomorrow, I have plans to ease things and I wonā€™t need to cook and bake various things, what a relief!

I go back to some relaxed style in February (after a little break where I donā€™t want to track, I probably will, itā€™s borderline impossible for me to stop especially now when I eat little). Considering my tastes, I automatically will eat as strict as itā€™s comfortable for me or maybe more but not expecting it from myself (well maybe I willā€¦ I have some momentum and determination even if I must ease things to survive some days with my sanity intact) makes a difference.

I am tired. I feel food takes all my life lately, definitely more hours than usual per day now and itā€™s quite tragic as it never was little. I rest from the last days and then I try to spend less time with food related things though I have no idea how to do it. But I have ideas.

(Linda ) #415

Lamb hock and pichana was my food todayā€¦
I finally got on the scale yesterday and my trip to Nebraska eating more food from the cold weather, and the fattier meats and maybe the inflammation from falling saw me gain even more weight uggghā€¦but I knew to expect it when my pants started fitting alot tighterā€¦
But on a brighter note Iā€™m down 2lbs of that this morning so letā€™s hope I can keep that trend goingā€¦

It was over cast today but itā€™s been so nice to get back in the pool finally and get back into walking the dogs and moving more.

(Alec) #416

I am interested in your opinion guys. I have been OMAD and reasonably clean keto since Jan 1st. Weight chart below. Guess where I started clean carnivoreā€¦ yep, 3 days ago, and look what happened. Down nearly 3kg in 3 days.

Is this a common experience to get a big initial weight drop on carnivore, even though I was on keto? Is this likely to be water weight, or something else? I am kinda excited that I may have found my right niche: even though I love my fruit and veg, I wonā€™t eat them if they are making me sick and heavy.

(Edith) #417

That happened to me when I started carnivore, but it leveled out pretty quickly.

(Daisy) #418

@Alecmcq yes itā€™s definitely normal and will probably level out. Itā€™s mostly the water weight youā€™ve been holding with keto.

Day 24 meal one was a chuckeye steak and bone broth jello. Meal two was a lamb steak. Sleep last night: Supplements: cortisol support taken in early afternoon, half dose, 200 mg 5-htp and 400 mg magnesium glycinate taken at 10. In bed at 10:31, on back, no earplugs. Pray and breath. Up to pee at 12:30 and 3:30, right back to sleep. Slept really well until my husband got a text at 5:59. Then I had a really hard time falling back asleep and just kind of dozed off and on until after 8.
image image image image

(Judy Thompson) #419

@Ketodaisy your pics are always so great! I donā€™t always remember to take pics til after stuff is mostly gone :cry:

Today I started using the lipase. The ox bile is really expensive especially when combined with the lipase supplement (labeled as a keto digestive aid, it contains lipase Thera-blend ā„¢ and Keto Thera-blend ā„¢ and also bacilis subtilis. Sokay, worth a try and with good results.

(Judy Thompson) #420

Day 11 on carnivore: This morning I was really sore, sciatica and SI joint stuff that comes packaged with the OA. Also upset stomach and headache from that weird meal out. I drank hot water through my lessons till about 2, took a gabapentin - usually only take that at night. Walked down to the gate with the puppy a couple times, all that helped. I went to bed again at 11am and slept till 2. After that it started to ease up and an hour later I was able to cook lunch.

Lunch was each, 2 eggs cooked in duck fat, NY strip leftovers from Thursday, center cut ham slices and fried cheese in ghee. I found duck fat spray! So many new foods, Iā€™m thrilled.

Tonight my scotch and soda, and pulled pork. (drinking some alcohol is vital to my marriage. This is the least of all evils, no carbs, and I can make it weak and stick to 1.)
No BBQ sauce. Iā€™ve stopped all ketchup, sauces and seasonings now, except salt.

Since we had covid in August, my taste for dairy is way off, tastes and smells metallic. Glad to have the ghee instead of butter! Throwing out the kefir, yogurt, sour cream. I can eat regular cheese, cream cheese, hwc.
I canā€™t tell if the dogā€™s raw food, which I make, has gone bad in the fridge because it has that same metallic smell. But she eats it and is fine so Iā€™m not wasting it.

Tomorrow is playing for church and the country jam session. Iā€™ll have to take a snack along. Maybe a few boiled eggs.

(Alec) #421

Being full carnivore now, and also loving gravy, I needed to find a carnivore gravy. I looked online and saw various recipes, but this is what I have started with (no quantities, I just poured/spooned it in):

1. Dripping from roast pork from last night
  2. Butter
  3. Cream
  4. Small amount of almond flour (I know not strictly carnivore: is there a carnivore thickener?)
  5. Salt

Tastes absolutely gorgeousā€¦

Any improvements?
Cheers
Alec