Circadian rhythms with alcohol abstinence?

(Chris) #1

One of the greatest revelations of my Keto journey aside from the tremendous weight loss, is the lost of alcohol cravings. I’ve been a functioning alcoholic for 20 years (not always functioning the greatest either). After having my first child 2 years ago, the every night use had to go. I was able to drop down to weekend consumption fairly easy. Now only 85 days into my Keto/IF/ZC journey(down 55lbs), that desire to drink is gone. The issue is that I haven’t had a drink in 16 days and I feel like I’ve been on a 16 day week and climbing.

At my worst, every morning I woke up with a fresh start, not remembering the night before, then it moved to a weekly reset. Now at 16 days, my mental clarity is insane, but I have no concept of where I am in the week.

Anyone else experience this?
Thanks

(Mike W.) #2

I’ve found that when I wake up I have to make a conscientious effort to remember what day it is and where I’m supposed to be for work. This doesn’t bode well when I roll over, look at the clock that’s showing an hour after the alarm was supposed to go off, and freak out a little before realizing it’s Saturday :joy: