Chronic urination after dropping Dairy

(Paul Mack) #1

Hey Guy’s, I have been doing carnivore and dropped diary out. I have noticed twice as much urination in the last few days. Is it from a reduction in the fluid caused by inflammation? maybe from the dairy. I plan on pretty much eating meat and fat for 60 days to do a decent elimination. I love hard cheese though.

(Elizabeth ) #2

A couple of ounces of cheese and I’ll be 4 pounds heavier than next day so I’m sure it’s inflammation in your body holding onto water

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

Interesting, because I would love to give up dairy, but it’s one of my go-to fat sources. Do you think it affects most people this way. I haven’t had the nerve to find out?

(Rob) #4

There is dairy and dairy from an allergy/inflammation POV. If you can separate the various potential allergens - casein, A1 vs A2 protein, etc. then you might find you don’t have to kill it all? Worth a thought/try?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #5

And how do you do that?

(Rob) #6

The same way you get a PhD - research research research :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry, but not my area of expertise but I believe it would be an elimination diet approach. You would probably start by cutting all dairy for a couple of weeks or more and see what happens. If dairy is a culprit for what ails you, then you’ve learned that and can then re-introduce dairy items one at a time, a week at a time e.g. cream cheese in week 3, hard cheese in 4, heavy cream in 5, butter in 6 etc. to see if you can limit the elimination to only one or only a few kinds of dairy.

You might be able to contract the timeline a bit to a few days only for each reintroduction but I wouldn’t skimp on the initial elimination since you want to give you gut time to adjust to zero dairy. Record your reactions and then you can check out what the likely allergen is e.g. casein in cheese, A1 vs A2 protein in various different cow milks which impacts the products made with those milks. I would prioritize reintroduction based on what you would least like to eliminate so you can keep it if it doesn’t impact you. There are also various alternative dairy things e.g ghee instead of butter if casein is an issue for you.

(Elizabeth ) #7

I couldn’t say, I’m zero carb carnivore, and most of the long-term veterans all-in-one camper the other a lot of meat tons of cheese and some of them had to get rid of it completely.

(Paul Mack) #8

I am doing an 8 week meat only diet to see if the dairy does affect me. Then slowly introduce some back to see what happens.

(Paul Mack) #9

I was listening to a keto naturopath yesterday, and he was saying you need to be off at least 8 weeks as changes can take that long. You are right about slowly adding it back in.

Yes. I think it took around 3 months for me to fully appreciate what cutting gluten did for me, so I would expect it to take around that long cutting dairy.

I am lucky, I found out the whey was the problem, not the lactose. So I can carry on with dairy so long as it has had most of the whey removed. And goatmilk is OK for me too. Goats butter is divine. :slight_smile: