Christmas dinner

(AnnaLeeThal) #1

I learned last night that my sister in law was making prime rib for Christmas dinner. I’m feeling extra spoiled today!

The mash is faux sweet potato casserole.

(Apryl Garcia) #2

Faux sweet potato casserole? Do tell…

(Danielle) #3

Looks delicious

(AnnaLeeThal) #4

It’s cauliflower and butternut squash: roasted and puréed. I used cinnamon, Swerve, butter, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and garlic to season. It is supposed to have a pecan topping but my nephew has a nut allergy, so I left that off.

(Apryl Garcia) #5

Any idea on the macros for that? I mean I could probably figure it out on my own, but it would be way easier if you already happen to have them. :slight_smile:

(AnnaLeeThal) #6

Here’s the recipe. It is a bit higher carb than some things I would eat on a normal day, but I like it for a special occasion. I’m sure leaving the nuts off reduces the carbs.

(carl) #7

@AnnaLeeMI we are twins tonight. I also made Prime Rib and green beans but made a roasted cauliflower mash.

(AnnaLeeThal) #8

I could not finish my piece. Zomg it was so fatty and delicious. Probably tasted even better because I didn’t have to cook it. I’m going to see if I can rescue the fat leftovers/trimmings because I see my inlaws chucking it in the trash. I could seriously nosh on that prime rib fat for days.

(Donna Williams) #9

Oh I gotta try that!

(AnnaLeeThal) #10

SIL was going to toss the drippings…noooo!! I saved them, phew. A whole liter. And some nice fat trimmings too :slight_smile:

(Apryl Garcia) #11

Nice! Looks and sounds amazing but definitely not an every night thing. Saving this for sure. Thanks!

(AnnaLeeThal) #12

Sweet potato used to be one of my favorite things, so when I saw that recipe I got so excited. Then I tasted it and about died it was so good. The non low-carb people even loved it, and a couple didn’t know it wasn’t sweet potato.

(Meeping up the Science!) #13

One of the oooold recipes for cauli mash used one small potato plus a giant head of cauliflower. Higher carbs, but not by much, and it improves the mouth-feel. I will definitely give this version a whirl after my next zero carb adventure. :slight_smile: