Christmas 2018 KETO Gifts - what did you Receive or give?

holidays
christmas

(Mike W.) #22

Last year I got a book with a ton of Slow Cooker ā€œKetoā€ recipes. 75% of them had sweet potatoā€¦image

(Karen) #23

Lots of lovely teas. Tongs with silicone tips of various sizes for cooking and turning meat in pans. A Hydro flask for my keto coffee.

I got a new bike! Itā€™s not totally keto related but I just felt to urge to get out and rideā€¦ And now I can!!! :slight_smile:

(Karen) #25

It is slightly keto related. A number of people who are on keto for a while and lose some weight and gain some Energy all of a sudden do want to do exercise. Like going on a bike ride.

(Diana ) #26

If you like those weird Amazon reviews that take on a life of their own, you might see if you can find the reviews for ā€œdressed rabbitā€ and for the banana slicer. They are several years old, but I hear nothing ever dies on the internet, soā€¦

(Troy) #27

I došŸ˜„
Thanksā€¦for the search tip

(Daisy) #28

My mom got me a new egg cooker (holds 14 eggs!) and my husband got me an air fryer. Iā€™ve been making bacon in it the last couple days. Yum yum! We also made steak in it!

(Troy) #29

Yum!
Not too familiar w those really and saving the best part
But are you able to salvage the bacon nectar for later use?:heart_eyes:

(Daisy) #30

Yes! It drips down into a tray that I pour into my container :hugs:

(Laurie) #31

Not directly keto related, but serendipitous. A couple of weeks ago, a visitor bought several onions. I never use onions, but I decided to use them in pulled pork. He then insisted on ā€œhelpingā€ by chopping the onions in my cramped cooking space. In doing so he knocked my ceramic trivetā€“which had sentimental valueā€“onto the floor, where it broke.

For Christmas my neighbor gave me two large potholders. They will serve as unbreakable hot pads. (I already have potholders.)

(Allie) #32

My brother sent me this. It makes a lovely coffee :blush:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #33

I love my aeropressā€¦ I cycle between it, my stovetop espresso maker and my French press. I donā€™t know why. Just as the mood strikes.

(Allie) #34

I wasnā€™t keen at first, it seemed like a bit of a pain compared to the French press, but I made sure to use it simply because itā€™s from my brother and I actually really like it now

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #35

Itā€™s kinda fun.

(Jodi) #36

Last year my 17 year old son bought me a bacon grease holder for Christmasā€“this year I gave one to my favorite Keto friend! Great gift !

(Jodi) #37

Go slow on the MCT!

(Ted) #38

My daughter got me an Anova sous vide! I returned the favor with a perfectly cooked steak. :sunglasses:

(Dee) #39

I received a mini prep food processor for my birthday; which is 3 days prior to Christmas.

Instead of the typical birthday cake at work, we had a salad bar complete with chicken, radishes, cucumber, carrots, eggs, cheese and onion. I thought that was awesome!

On Christmas I gave my Aunt who is also shrinking on Keto, a huge bag filled with clothes I can no longer wear that she can. She was more excited about the clothes than her store bought gift.!

I also made myself ribeye for Christmas dinner. :yum:

(KCKO, KCFO) #40

I love the mini food processor, it is one of my best tools. Enjoy it, lots of uses for that.

The salad bar instead of cake, so AWESOME.

Glad you have a family member doing this as well, great to have the companionship on the Journey.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #41

Made Fathead pizza tonight, and used my new pizza stones. Rave reviews! The pizzas did come out well, if I say so myself.