Chris Irvin Part 2

Originally published at: https://ketowomanpodcast.com/103/

Daisy's latest extraordinary man, Chris, talks about his role as education manager at Perfect Keto, how he uses exogenous ketones and MCTs as well as recommendations for how best to use them as part of your ketogenic diet if you choose to. 

Chris Irvin is a nutrition science researcher and writer with an expertise in ketogenic dieting. 

Chris holds a master's degree in exercise and nutrition science and spent his time in graduate school studying the ketogenic diet for performance and therapeutic applications.  Chris is the education manager at Perfect Keto and strives to make the ketogenic diet easy and keto science accessible to everyone.

Use code KETOWOMAN15 to get 15% off your Perfect Keto shopping.

Links

Chris's website The Ketologist

Follow Chris on Instagram

Anthony Gustin's Podcast

Chris and Anthony Gustin's book Keto Answers

Dr Angela Poff - Exploiting Cancer Metabolism with Ketosis and Hyperbaric Oxygen

Dr. Stephen Cunnane - Brain Glucose and Ketone Metabolism

First Do No Harm

Tripping Over The Truth by Travis Christofferson

Malcolm Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History was the podcast I was trying to remember.

Episode 22 - Burden of Proof

"He called to wish me 'Happy Birthday.' Then he said, 'I'm failing everything.'"

In 2013, Malcolm gave a talk at the University of Pennsylvania on the subject of proof. How much evidence do we need of the harmfulness of some behavior, before we act? The lecture was about the long-ago fight over miner’s asthma — and about the unexpected death of a Penn student named Owen Thomas. Revisionist History returns to the question at the heart of the the talk, with a visit to Owen Thomas’s family.

CTE - Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in people with a history of repetitive brain trauma (often athletes), including symptomatic concussions as well as asymptomatic subconcussive hits to the head that do not cause symptoms.

Chris's Top Tips

End Quote