Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

(Susan) #21

@Becky. Just replied on the “what did you eat today?” thread — the cookies were a huge success (i.e., husband & I both loved them). Still going to buy the confectioners version of Swerve for my pantry but the coffee grinder worked really well.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #22

My last batch, I did half granulated and half powdered, and they came out just fine. Also added a little butter and avocado oil, which made for a slightly softer texture (though the cookies spread a little during baking).

One thing I found out the hard way, though…do NOT eat these to break a fast. 'nuff said. :grin:

(Tim W) #23

I’ve found very few things that don’t initiate the reaction you allude to when breaking a fast. I generally have a similar reaction within an hour or two, then things settle down. Have you found anything that doesn’t stimulate the response?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #24

I think it depends on how long you’ve been fasting. I’ve read from others that eggs are generally pretty well-tolerated.

I sometimes schedule my fasts from Thursday evening to Sunday morning, and break my fast with bacon and eggs. I haven’t had major problems with that, but it’s only a 60 hour fast, so that may also factor in.

(Jacob Wagner) #25

I made it. It was a big hit with the family but it tasted kindof off to me. I think I will try a different sweetener next time.

–Jacob

I am a big fan of this recipe, I have made it a few times now. Most recently I added a few tablespoons of cream cheese to the recipe and blended it in well with the peanut butter / sweetener / egg mixture before adding chips. It turned out really well!

Also I like to use cacao nibs instead of Lily’s chocolate chips, but only because that is all I have. Eventually I will try with Lily’s!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #28

Thank you @nalien2000, I will try the cream cheese.

(Sophie) #29

You might want to just add a 2nd egg if they are turning out dry.

(Susan) #30

Just popped into to print this recipe for my husband so he can make them while I’m out of town (I’ve been making them for a few years now & have it memorized :slightly_smiling_face:). I double the recipe using 1 cup crunchy & 1 cup smooth peanut butter and also add a dash of vanilla extract, probably a teaspoon or a little bit more. Have also started using 1/2 cup of the Lily’s chocolate salted caramel chips with 1/2 cup of the Lily’s dark baking chips, he seems to like that combination best—and so do I! Yum :cookie: