Chocolate bar (not mega dark!)

(Crippie) #1

I have always heard from veteran ketoers that they will grab a little bit of special dark chocolate, the like 75%+ stuff to curb their sweet tooth. I tried that and could never stand it. So I would get 100% unsweetened and then use my sous vide to melt it with some choice sweetener and then temper it. But that sooooo much work

So luckily I found this! Tastes sweet enough that it could pass for just normal off the shelf chocolate bar but much less carbs even less than some of the super dark stuff. I just keep it in the pantry and break off a little every time I’m craving some and don’t even feel bad

Total carbs: 8g
Fiber: 3g
Erythritol 3g

Net carbs: 2g a square.

So 16g for the entire bar which is huge,I get more then 8 servings for sure.

I’ll have to give Lily’s a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

I’ve been getting squares of chocolate in various darkness percentages from ChocZero. By way of comparison, a square of the 50% dark chocolate has 40 Calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs total, 5 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and 0 grams of sugar alcohol.

It uses monk fruit extract as the sweetener.

(Crippie) #3

Oh I’ll have to look for that one. Sounds good.

(Karen) #4

I ordered the carbzero syrups today. Thought I’d make cloud bread and pretend they’re pancakes. There’s a pecan maple syrup. I’ll let you know.

K

(Leah) #5

ChocZero chocolate is amazing! I like it better than Lily’s. Their syrups are very good also.

(Cynthia Anderson) #6

way of comparison, a square of the 50% dark chocolate has 40 Calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs total, 5 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and 0 grams of sugar alcohol.

Which one is this

It was the ChocZero chocolate squares. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available.

Their “Keto Bark” product tastes pretty good though. Their 1 oz Dark Chocolate almond bar has 120 calories 10g of fat, 15 grams of carbs of which 13 grams are dietary fiber. No sugar and no sugar alcohols. 1g protein. As with the other (discontinued) product, it uses monk fruit as the sweetener.

Here’s a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0799CH1ZZ/