Chocolate and coconut

(jketoscribe) #21

The first time I bought a jar of coconut manna was my first experience with coconut butter. It had a thick layer of coconut oil on the top but I thought that WAS the coconut butter/manna. I couldn’t understand why people thought it was so great. It took me about a week to get down to the actual coconut butter. Lol! :joy:

Looks exactly like the bowl before I melt it down to make fat bombs. Except I use coconut oil. :+1:

(dawn.hakala) #23

Amazon & I are the BEST of BFFS!!! She’s a very costly date! Lol

(Guardian of the bacon) #24

No Shit…Especially at Christmas time. UPS man is scheduled to be here every day this week.

(Jane Reed) #25

I bought it long ago at Whole Foods and it was located with all their other coconut oils. Pricey but tasted like heaven.

I used to buy “Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut, 6.6 lbs” from Amazon.
It’s one huge bag and I had to melt it, stir it, and put into small jars. I would mix different things into some of the jars (cocoa, cinnamon).

(AnnaLeeThal) #27

Genius

(jketoscribe) #28

That’s a lot of coconut butter!!! I’m not too sure I’d want 6.6 pounds of ANYTHING sitting in my kitchen–even chocolate. LOL!

(Kimberly Gilpin) #29

Do you make your own? So easy in the food processor…

(AnnaLeeThal) #30

I have not!

(AnnaLeeThal) #31

I’ll take 6.6 lbs of pork belly. Or steaks. Bacon?

(Kimberly Gilpin) #32

Google it… So very easy… You just put unsweetened coconut in your food processor and it churns into warm creamy wonderful coconut butter in about10-15 min… Jar it up and keeps wonderfully… I made some for Christmas gifts… eveyone loves it!

(AnnaLeeThal) #33

Is it more cost effective this way?

(Kimberly Gilpin) #34

Oh yes… I spent like 5$ on unsweetened coconut and got 2 pints of coconut butter… It’s so good! Yum

(jketoscribe) #35

I burned out a blender motor making it. In the food processor blades were too high and the coconut flakes just bunched up underneath.

(Meeping up the Science!) #36

Thanks for giving me a project! :wink:

(Kimberly Gilpin) #37

I used the small flakes and scraped the sides of the food processor…every 5 min…I have never had a problem with making coconut butter… I read if it was to dry you can add some coconut oil…
I also make my own nut butters in my food processor…

(Judy ) #38

They still have it at Whole Foods, I just bought some.

I put it in pint sized Mason jars. I don’t eat it anymore, and several jars remain. :slight_smile: