Children who drink full-fat milk end up slimmer than those on skimmed

(Marc) #1

For those with kids, like me… My kids drink full-fat milk including raw milk.

(David K) #2

When they drink milk it is the full fat kind.

(MakinBacon) #3

I grew up on full fat milk. Unfortunately it was usually consumed with cereal, and we would add a few spoonfuls of sugar on top of it. If only I knew…

(Marc) #4

When I grew up it was low fat milk AND sugar cereal. We’d also add sugar too. I’m lucky I didn’t get diabetes…

Yeah, same here. And to make matters worse, my parents would buy raw milk from a farmer (which was illegal to do, according to law) and then the full fat, raw milk would be spoiled in a bowl of corn flakes…geez! :unamused:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #7

My kids don’t care for milk and we don’t force it. They finally reached a grade we didn’t have to fight skipping the milk break and letting them drink water, but I still got “your a bad parent” raised eyebrows when I declined to pay for a semester of milk breaks. Whole milk was not an option the school offered, just plain or chocolate skim, bleck!

(Marc) #8

Yeah, that brings up something I completely forgot about. My kids have a choice of skim or chocolate milk at school too. I think it’s completely ridiculous. Nevertheless, this is the age we live in…

My kids were never big milk drinkers, but love hwc and/or unsweetened coconut milk. Now in college, they have never been overweight, not even the “freshman 15”!

(Jack Geri Griggs) #10

LOL…funny meme!