Chicken Bones

Agreed. I think more science will come into play but the basics of life and the physical body won’t change much on what it requires :slight_smile:

thing is ‘those who didn’t do well on carnivore’ are no different than those that condemn any plan that didn’t ‘work fast, easy, magic pill, and all’ changes on ‘their timeline’ as they saw fit.

we know that. we know anyone coming into keto can say this is not for me giving it only about 3 weeks in…struggle with withdrawls….struggle with head games on monster eating changes and we all know ‘adaption’ will be severely different for everyone due to how their bodies are coming into big eating changes.

So I throw that out. I throw out the carnivore experiences that are less than, easily say 30 days…and then I throw those out mostly cause carnivore is a heal time menu…a full 90 no cheat, no bs trial is key but SO MANY just can’t do this and I get it…but I also can’t say I ever go there with the ‘carnivore is bad for me because in 3 weeks I was not feeling well and where are all those benefits?’ LOL

but yea I get ya Fruno!! we cool on what we are saying.

(Elizabeth ) #22

I don’t know if any long-term carnivores that eat bones or use bone broth or take any calcium supplements

yea from all my time with long term carnivores there isn’t any type of ‘wanna sip broth’ or use it as a ‘supp’ or anything like that I found either in my years of chatting with them. Long term carni people were eat the meat and drink the water :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #24

I eat the bones and I know of a few others who do, as well. I don’t know if there are benefits to it because I don’t do it enough, but it doesn’t hurt either. I only do it when I make bone broth, which is once a month at the most. I tried saving the bones for the next day (mashed up) and it made me want to :nauseated_face:. So I stick with eating it fresh that day, and tossing the rest. I don’t like throwing it away when I feel like there’s a benefit, but I haven’t figured out what to do with it yet. I do have a book coming on bones next week, so we’ll see what that says!

Regarding the liver, have you tried it in small frozen bite size chunks (raw)? When I first tried it a few months ago, I would eat one little bite sized piece, covered in salt and swallow it pretty much whole. Now, I’ll eat like 6 pieces at a time and actually enjoy it! I still eat it frozen raw in pieces, covered in salt and I only eat it a couple times a week at most (ie when I remember to eat it lol), but I’ve noticed that I do really like it now.