Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

@Fangs That’s a good idea to look at some of those foods as “side items.” The summer sausage would’ve been fine as a side item to a steak or roast.

@Redrobins Heather, I try to do HIIT on an indoor stationary bike 3 times a week. I also lift weights twice a week and I try to get a half hour walk in daily although when it gets icy outside like it was today it can be hard to find the motivation to get out there in the C O L D weather, brrrr.

(Daisy) #163

I’ve been doing some VERY light strength training and hula hooping for the last couple weeks. Will have to take a few days off after pulling my back yesterday.

I hike, bike, walk the dog, kayak, swim, and just in general do things. I never exercise like gym style. Won’t go there, I don’t like it :slight_smile: I just move as I need to move thru a day.

those ‘fake’ signals are weird but like bob said you just don’t find that on carnivore. It is like your system is so clean that it doesn’t send fake anything to you…when on carnivore and you exercise a lot more you will be more hungry. Eat. Your body is repairing muscles etc. It is a good cycle then, a normal one.

I found after a very long kayak trip I would come back. Sit, relax a bit and knew I was not hungry at all…then bam. A little bit later I was very hungry and ate well and the whole universe aligned again for me and all was calm LOL

What I love about this way of eating is the truth about it. You know when to eat and not to eat. You just know it all with clear involvement in it all.

So yesterday changed for me. Friend called and we went shopping.
Ate out for lunch with her. Ugh, I hate restaurants. But made the best of it.

so ordered:
8 piece naked chicken wings with dry rub. Rub was good, no sugar I could taste and that surprised me to the good.

only ate 3. Just wasn’t into them. Nibbled them slow while she finished and I brought 5 home. In the fridge. Couldn’t even pass them off on my kid LOL Might nibble on them or throw out. Whatever.

so 3 chicken wings

then a 1 lb. ribeye steak later that evening. I was hungry! After eating this I was not!

I have to eat up my chuck roast or lose it. I refuse to lose it. Today is chuck roast and a lot of it when wanted.

So far so great on this plan. Holding tight. Hope everyone is doing well also!

(Cheryl) #166

Dinner at the steakhouse on Monday night did not disappoint. Large rib steak which I couldn’t finish but had for lunch yesterday. Boy, it sure is confusing to wait staff when all you want is the mean and no sides. Sides came anyway and I gave my baked potato away as well as the green beans and red bell peppers. My dinner partners had quizzical looks on their faces. For two reasons: 1) No alcohol and 2) of course, no veggies and the size of the steak. Bwahaha!

There’s a little wrinkle in my plans to eat only when hungry. I’m on a course of antibiotics that requires I take one cap twice a day with food for the next week. So now I have to have breakfast which I usually don’t eat. Having it at lunch I worry about the side effects (being near a washroom) when I’m at work. So breakfast and dinner for a while. Oh well.

Everyone is doing so well. These posts are so very helpful. My favourite meat is ground beef. Weird I know but I do love it so. I seem to be falling out of favour with pork which happens with me from time to time (even before carni). I love pork but last night for instance, I had to force myself to eat it. The taste and texture didn’t appeal to me. What do you make of that?

Same with me on pork. I used to eat quite a bit, now it’s just not that appealing. I do still love crispy pork belly, though.

Great steakhouse report :slight_smile:
I give away sides also. hubby and kid fight for them.
hubby loves when you can pick your sides with your meat and he gets to pick extras from my plate. LOL

oh yea. Out of favor. I sure get that way. Normal.

I loved chicken thighs and ate a ton. Now I can’t go near one. Haven’t eaten one in about a year or so. Pork comes and goes with me and my fav on pork now is just good ribs mostly.

All normal. Meat will come in and out of favor a bit but most carnivores never say steaks and other beef is off the list. That seems to hold easier with everyone. Even if I get hamburger’d out, a steak is fine. If I get steak’d out, a chuck roast is fine so…

You keep rocking Cheryl.
Hope the antibiotics don’t mess with ya too much.

(Heather) #169

@Fangs @Ketodaisy @barefootbob @ReneeRC - Thanks for all of the input on the exercise front. This morning I woke up at 5:15 am, one hour prior to my alarm. My body said, “Get up and move!”, so I did :grinning:.

5 sets of 100 reps of kettlebell swings with 30 pounds. It’s a start. I think I’ll alternate weight training with aerobic (power walks on the dreadmill) for now. So far, hunger signals are in check.:+1:

NICE! Way to go. KB swings are awesome and a real butt-kicker.
Waking up in the morning has been so much easier for me on carnivore because my sleepiis so much better.

I don’t know who else would find this useful but I bought an alarm clock with a wake up light. It’s set to slowly start brightening 10 minutes before the alarm actually goes off. Sometimes the light itself wakes me. It seems less jarring than a normal alarm clock.

I love it!

sleep rhythms should change on carnivore. Up at dawn, sleep by dusk time but of course this ‘civilized’ life changed ALL that :slight_smile:

There is nothing natural about work, stress, family and lifestyle and noise pollution etc.

I read that you must have DARK to sleep best.
You must not ramp up on stupid crap like BAD news before bed.
Etc. Light is the worst for sleep time. Dark is key.

Wake up with the light :slight_smile:

So if we all think back to old times when life was simpler BUT a heck of a lot more physical to survive then we realize a natural rhythm is there, but in this day and age we dropped it cause we have to. thru lousey food, stress from life as it is changing, global news at our doorstep that is horrible, work situations cause our convenience lives depend on money only now and more.

omgosh don’t let me go here HAHA

I so love back to basics.
I so love a life of less.

Many aren’t there with me, my husband being one of them. I am minimalist and he is give me the gadgets and buy me this and that.
But we thrive together cause when his gadgets come in handy I like it and when I say shut it all down and lets just do this and take life easy and simple, he thrives doing that also LOL

super chatty today. my energy level is high, I best stop the jaw muscles working and do some real movement to drain energy LOL

@CherylP That steakhouse report is a win! I’m enjoying ground beef right now too which is weird for me since I was never really a hamburger person unless it was drowning in condiments, lol. Hopefully those antibiotics won’t be in your way too much before you are done with them.

@Redrobins I like to alternate my HIIT with my weight lifting workouts too and I do believe in rest days. You did fantastic with those KB swings…30 pounds!!! I’m still a newbie with carnivore but I’ve read a couple of testimonies from folks on this WOE who have said it was easier for them to build muscle. Sure hope I experience some of that! :smiley:

(Mark Nelson) #174

Well I’ve literally have a 1/2 cow of fully grass fed/finished beef to eat to myself. So its just a mental shift that I’m making at this point. :smiley:

I use blackout curtains and my clock allows number display to be turned off. I like my room cold and dark as a cave. :slight_smile:
The last two nights I’ve been in bed around 9. This is almost unheard of for me unless I was sick.

(Mark Nelson) #176

I don’t exercise. I never have. Once again fear keeps me from starting a gym ect. So I read with interest the information that @FrankoBear references from The Are and Science of Low Carb Living and that was mentioned by @Fangs as well that I will supposedly get this urge to move.

Being that I’m only my first real week into Carnivore (After 2 + years of keto) I’m mildly hopeful that I’ll get this urge to move too soon.

(Mark Nelson) #177

I’ve been waking up to my lights for a few months now and I find it easier on my mental health for sure.
If I want to be up by 5:30 I’ll set my lights to start the wake up cycle at 5:10.

I think that urge to move will hit. It might not be traditional exercise; maybe an urge to walk or stand more but be prepared for the need to move around.

(Mark Nelson) #179

Morning Check in
Mojo Ketone reading: Lo (discouraging)
Yesterdays’ intake:
Coffee with heavy cream (22 oz)
90oz of water
1lb of ground beef for lunch with grass feed butter
12 t-bone steak for dinner with grass feed butter
Pork Rinds (Didn’t eat the whole 2.5 oz bag either!)
Felt like I needed a late night snack so I ended up eating a 12oz can of tuna with homemade mayo and melted butter with lemon, pepper and granulated garlic mixed in.

(Heather) #180

@marknel I have been an avid exerciser for 20+ years, but you’d never know it to look at me as I was trying to exercise my way out of a SAD diet :roll_eyes:. However, I have OCD tendencies (running 10 miles everyday), so I need to be careful to keep things in check. I’m hoping carnivore will help me do that.

I sleep much better in a dark room and love to wake up by the light. I find it hard to sleep if I’m hot too. I’m also a back to basics type as well. :slight_smile:

@Marknel You are doing so well. Look at that menu of eats! Don’t worry about the Mojo. I only check mine once a week because so many things can cause the numbers to bounce around. Yesterday was 30 days doing carnivore for me and I feel like my body is still trying to figure out what is going on.

After reading so many cool testimonies from others who started eating this way, I can’t help but wonder if a “30 day” challenge is really fair to the diet and the dieter? Some folks take a good 3 to 6 months before feeling a lot better. One person’s story said they felt like blah until they entered their 4th month and then their body took off with amazing health. Our bodies are healing, truly HEALING and that’s one of the many things that makes this so doable. {{hugs}}