Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

(Liz ) #963

Ok thanks for sharing your similar experience! I’ll hang in there. Meanwhile, ouch!

I’m realizing now I’ve always eaten King Oscar sardines drenched in olive oil but now I guess I’ll need to skip the olive oil & get them in water? The Bar Harbor tinned fish I like is in water and very tasty.

(Liz ) #964

Thanks for the kind commiseration! Sorry you suffer too. I saw all your symptoms in your posts, the pins & needles, the flaky skin, etc. I had achey joints & tooth sensitivity which has eased mostly (a strong reminder of how I used to feel all the time pre-Keto!!). I can’t believe you’ve braved the transition more than once, it’s worse than the time I quit coffee imo! Lol I’ll never do that again :smiley: I hope you can get past the symptoms soon & enjoy the rewards.

My addiction is intense so yeah, I have to live in an environment without any of the foods I might rationalize eating when my addictive brain is in charge. Luckily my family is all Keto so it’s much easier, I feel for you!

I find the less wiggle room of animal foods ONLY has made it easier to stay on plan. Keto has a lot of wiggle room for my bad decisions to work with heh

(Liz ) #965

Love your rambling!! I learn so much

Thank you for the kind encouragement! I’m a believer and I’m sticking it out. I want improved skin, better mental health, a leaner look, and no carb cravings. So far I’m getting little bits of all of that! Very exciting

That was me on atkins. I did old school 1972 atkins and only thrived on ‘induction phase’ and learned I could drop the ‘little salad or pickle’ he put on the list of food to eat and flourished on all meat and seafood, as much as I wanted. I never knew back then it ‘was a plan called zero carb’ HAHA When I tried to walk the carb ladder back up as recommended I couldn’t do it. My ‘wiggle room’ just sent me into a nightmare of vicious ‘dieting insanity’ again and again. That is how I walked this way.

Key thing is it took me a very long time to learn me and what I needed and where I thrived…and I fought it darn it…tooth and nail cause I wanted to eat crap I like, I mean who doesn’t, but in the end I had to face of truth of me. Where I belonged and where I flourished without a dieting nightmare of insanity tagged along with it. Zero carb gave that to me and of course being a meat and seafood hound to the ultimate made that happen easier than I would have thought coming this way in my path. :sunny:

just take the time it is for you. take the time to know you. know what works for you and not against you and how you feel your best at all times. that is all we can do for ourselves in the end if we truly want to follow that line…go for it and rock it out and live live live darn good on zero carb! LOL

@LizinLowell I’ve got a King Oscar can of sardines in water at the ready for my meal later on today. :smile: I’ll let you know how they are. Before carnivore I also ate fish in olive oil so now I need to find new favorites of tinned fish that are packed in water instead. Tinned fish come in handy when an emergency shows up and one has to have something ‘safe’ to grab and go with. :+1: I haven’t tried the Bar Harbor tinned fish in water. Thank you for the info.

@FrankoBear YES! I’ve observed that these oxalate dumps come in waves too, but I never thought about connecting a higher glucose reading with one of those dumps. Interesting! I had bad teeth and gum pain at the beginning of my carnivore journey but that hasn’t returned so far. :smile:

@Fangs You don’t sound like a broken record to us! Those of us just starting, and having to deal with detox issues, really appreciate your posts cause they are so informative and encouraging! Reddit has some carnivore websites and the other day there was a thread full of carnivores who’ve been at this a while explaining how our bodies will continue to heal. One guy lost all of his floaters after a year of eating carnivore. Floaters are another health issue, among many others, that I am excited to see leave as I continue the carnivore/PKD way. You just keep on reminding us, Fangs. :heart:

@LizinLowell Liz, I tried the King Oscar sardines in water today and they were good. This is the “bone in” sardines. I haven’t tried the boneless but I didn’t even notice any bones today and the calcium is 30%.

hey R, when you copied that part of my post saying I hope I don’t sound like a broken record etc…I read it and it comes off like others don’t have good info. In that I say one can’t comment on this way of eating unless they do it, but I should also point out that so many walk that keto plan/extreme low carb way of eating and they also have monster great info about diet truths/experiences and such. But I also feel that without doing the true 100% all in carnivore experienced results one gets thru eating this way are so very different than other people’s plans ya know. If a person wants to chat up carnivore experiences they just have to be on the plan for real ya know LOL I am always amazed when keto people who are very tight/narrow/controlled in their eating come over onto a carnivore plan and have to detox and they think, wow, why? and then they find new great results pretty fast and I think…that is so cool. That smaller difference of plant eating and no planting eating can actually just show such great results to many.

oh heck rambling again on that HAHA

Floaters? Eye floaters? Someone is saying that they are improving and fixing eye floaters? I never heard of that one. I have some of that. I wish those suckers would go away. I been carnivore for a long while and I haven’t gotten that benefit. Well more meat and seafood for me and fingers crossed. That would be a great benefit to receive :slight_smile:

food yesterday was

10 oz ribeye steak
1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty
1 cup taco seasoned meat

holy cow I ate that taco seasoned meat and darn near died. Family wanted tacos for dinner. I made a lot of meat for them with their tortilla shells and all that mess…and I thought ‘why not?’ It is just a spice, it tasted great, haven’t had it in ages and I went for it. I measured out about a cup of it and sprinkled a bit of cheddar on it…yum, spice taste was so interesting and almost addicting and I ate my cup of meat and did great…til about 1 hr later. WOW…the tummy burned! And it burned hard!! I had to eat TUMS. A few of them. And then of course I just felt ‘off’ for a while. I mean it didn’t totally destroy me but real fast my gut said, wow what is this crap?

You know I wondered if this taco spice was gonna nail me before I ate it. I hemmed and hawed a bit on do I truly want to eat this…cause when family wanted tacos in the past, I would make dinner and maybe sometimes I would take a spoonful and taste it and of course I did fine on a spoonful of meat and spice. I can on relaxed carnivore, I can do a few spices if they suit me and even tho this taco spice taste used to suit me well in a bite of it…oh heck no now in any type of quantity.

So I paid with a flipped up burning tummy for a little bit and TUMS saved me on that one. So now I know. Stay away from spicy taco spice and that is out the door and will never be eaten again by me.

I pushed my comfort zone on spice like that and it got me :slight_smile: but without trying it and eating about a cup of it, I learned a spoonful I can handle, any quantity more and I go down. Well…a little experiment on me I learned my results on it. Taco spice taste is not a huge draw for me at all, never was, so I will have no troubles at all never eating this crap again LOL

So the next time I think, oh heck why not, it is just a small amt. of spice, hmm, I will think a lot harder on it HAHA

You know I dropped buffalo sauce from my life. I was an avid buffalo sauce wing eater. Ate so much of it til one day I ate the buffalo wings and my stomach starting to go sour on me. It was like my body thru the years was finally not allowing the ‘spicer’ type things in my body anymore. So one day when I ate buffalo sauced wings again I could only eat a few and my tummy went mad at me real fast and I realized buffalo sauce was going to have to be dropped. And I dropped it. Haven’t had it in years now. I know now I will put taco spices right up there with buffalo sauce :slight_smile: Hey it is cool. I know now ya know…I wonder what I can push on spice/herbs and so far I am noticing anything on that spicy end of the spectrum my stomach doesn’t want to handle anymore. Hey I am cool with it :slight_smile:

woke up feeling fine, those Tums fixed me. I didn’t get sick etc on any of it truly, just ‘off’ and now I know. Hey sometimes days go down like this :slight_smile: it is what it is LOL

So that was my weird eating yesterday and something I learned from.

(Daisy) #971

I seem to do ok with buffalo sauce (in the minute quantities that I eat), but I agree with the taco seasoning. No bueno!

I ate ground bison last week. I got it on sale and was excited to try it. But it really just tasted like ground beef lol

(Liz ) #972

@ReneeRC Ok thanks for the review! My grocery didn’t have King Oscar in water, so I got the sardines in water Bar Harbor offers, never tried them. I’ll report back next time my sardine urge hits lol. I like them bone-in.

Well my 4-day headache finally went away! Had an issue with my tummy last night but I know that’s to be expected now & then. No problem today. I still don’t feel 100% up to snuff but so much better that I can ride the rest of it out.

At the restaurant for Valentine’s lunch the waitress said “So you just want the steak, in the middle of a plate? That’s it?” I said “Yep! Oh wait, put a pat of butter on it”

:smile:

(Liz ) #973

Thanks for letting us know! I wondered too

yesterday food was

12 oz ribeye steak
1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty
can of tuna

I am going back to basics. My beef, tuna/sardines, little normal cheese and my shrimp etc. I am SO OVER the extra crap LOL and want super simple and very very basic again and doing just that.

all good and feeling wonderful!

yesterday’s food:

ribeye
bone in sardines
Canadian bacon
fat

Simple day yesterday but sooooo good. :slight_smile:

omgosh so funny…I read your post and thought it was mine…haha

I don’t eat Canadian bacon but my hubby loves it…I bought it the other day for him…when I saw that on the food list I thought, I didn’t eat that and realized it was your food for the day…I just saw that ribeye at the top of the list and thought me…lol…funny

food yesterday was

6 slices bacon
6 oz chunk of ribeye
8 jumbo shrimp in homemade alfredo sauce
6 link sausage
1 small chicken breast

food intake would have changed if my hubby did not make a boatload of bacon early on and left me 6 slices to eat. That changed up my day cause I had a 12 oz ribeye to eat later and I could not. Bacon stopped my food level. I ate 1/2 the steak, wanted shrimp in my day cause I just wanted it LOL and after that I was hungry but not hungry and grazed off sausage to hold me but needed a tad more and hit a piece of chicken.

strange eating day for me yesterday cause I thought it would go down way diff. in what I had planned but I go by what I need, what I want, at all times to make me happy so that food did it ok for me.

today is my day. no bacon early on to change me up LOL
thriving on carnivore point blank! Wouldn’t go back if ya paid me a million, health is so much more valuable than a dollar ever will be :slight_smile:

How’s it going carnivore style FB!? just checking in on ya :slight_smile:

I made headcheese. I am eating 400-450 g of that each day, plus tallow.
I have five more 225 g serves left to eat! Then, back to my special 70/30 ground with 25% liver and 10% brain.

I am feeling tired today. I can only think I am not getting enough protein.

(Daisy) #980

Oh my goodness, I ate like a king/beast today. I had 3 eggs and a nice fatty ribeye for lunch. Then I had gotten some lobster tail (4 of them) on markdown this morning, but was already making salmon that I had gotten on markdown yesterday lol. So I made both, expecting hubby to eat some of the lobster too. Nope, he didn’t want it! So I ate 4 lobster tail, a huge piece of sockeye salmon and a couple bites of my lamb stew that I was making for my lunch tomorrow (also on markdown lol)

my stores around here always have some awesome meats on markdown so I fill up every time I stop at one. My freezer is so jam-packed full of beef, pork, chicken, lamb, bison, fish, etc. I feel very blessed to have such an abundance of food. My area is a pretty low to medium income area and everyone eats processed SAD crap around here. So always good meats being marked down.

My biggest problem right now is making sure to eat the food I have in the fridge before it goes bad. I have some gf/gf ground beef, leftover roast, leftover salmon, smoked salmon, lamb stew and beef tips to eat in the next 2 days lol

(Daisy) #981

I went to a local butcher yesterday to try to obtain more organ meats. He said no bueno on the brain :cry:
He’s checking with his supplier on the rest though

MADE headcheese…very very cool. You rock zero carb!!

yea be sure to eat very well. we get so ‘satisfied’ and hunger levels go down and all of the sudden we don’t even realize we are eating very low and then we start to feel that tired. Eat up anyway ya can!!