Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

Hmmmm. Seems like their oughta be a way for us to opt out of certain meals if we’re doing the opting out for health reasons, and who doesn’t want better health?! What do the rest of you guys do when faced with that situation?

(Ashley) #337

Been doing mostly carnivore. Today I had bacon, eggs and sausages. Think OMAD today as it was quite large. Feeling full and satisfied!

(Daisy) #338

The situation with this one is it’s a former employer that continues to invite me to the employee Christmas dinner. They’re an old Italian family and very traditional.

I married into the mob. My mother-in-law, my nemesis. She once substituted the butter plate with blended margarine. The food on the plate is mountainous. It’s great whole foods and lots from the garden, but the helpings aren’t helping. Always fruit for dessert.

Tonight is a graduate show at the university and I’ll eat a steak before I go so as to dodge the vegetarian finger food. The steak is purely a psychological eat.

Big day of physical labour on the block yesterday, watering, pegging out building sites, frog chasing, walking up and down the hill. Had a rib-eye for dinner with a dust of Himalayan pink salt. The salt is a flavour enhancer but I felt like I needed it. It tasted so good steak and salt. You know that taste? When it tastes more than good, it tastes like your body really needed the nutrition.

Predicted temperature today is 40’C (104F), so a good day for autophagy, or as I like to paint it autocannibalism.

Wow :astonished:What a reaction. Well done on the getting rid of it.

What do you think your body wanted from the chocolate? I’ve heard tell of chocolate ‘cravings’ being associated with magnesium depletion. The problem with dark chocolate, though high in magnesium as an ingredient, doesn’t provide good bioavailability because of concurrent oxalate.

What do you reckon is going on?

Fascinating.

not a darn thing.

it is a mind game pure and simple :slight_smile:

I gave up my bit of chocolate for the challenge, to drop dirty carnivore and go full clean eating. I haven’t had it in so long, when I tried it, I loved it and by gosh I wanted to eat the whole bar and I was gonna do just that LOL

I know me. When I had it in my life I felt ‘safe’ around it. Now that it is gone I feel more uncontrolled around it. Like the old brain said, you dropped it, this little bit isn’t gonna make ya happy, you don’t know when or if you are ever going to eat it again…so eat it all now just in case LOL

yea I think like that :slight_smile: so just a mind game of it all FB!! This wasn’t a craving, this was an all out I wanted to eat a ton of chocolate war in my brain, nothing more. I fought it. I won it :slight_smile:

food yesterday was

10 oz ribeye steak
12 jumbo shrimp with butter for dip
tin of sardines
few slices salami and a small chunk of cheddar

holding strong
loving my meat/seafood eating
Leaner and meaner I get :slight_smile: Hope others are getting good results from the challenge~!

Chocolate is sneaky.
Are you addicted to it? Sounds like it. You did well. I am impressed and inspired and just ate half a chicken with a side of mineral water. Maybe my body needed tryptophan today?

yea I call it a trigger thing for me.

chocolate triggers feeling about chocolate HAHA

so when I give it up and don’t allow it I do so well. let a little sneak in and I do badly. I will learn of course thru it all…I hope I do at least HA

1/2 a chicken. Cool. I do that also. 1/2 for me and 1/2 for hubby and it is so delish. Chicken tho doesn’t hold me long. I usually need some beef in my day with chicken, I kinda think of chicken as a side dish now LOL

Yes. I think I needed the salt it was about 105F here today and I was out there tipping some water on the smaller trees, then had a 3 hour drive to get to a work function tonight that had plant-based catering. Last night I had a rib eye. It was so good that I dreamed I was on the ketogenic forum writing about how delicious it was. If you dream of eating rib eye, does that extend any natural fasting? It seemed to for me… I cooked an omelette this morning/lunchtime in the pan juices from the steak. My wife was horrified (probably because I hadn’t washed up the fry pan).

oh yea…steak pan juices and eggs pair up so well. I love love love that taste! Your wife horrified is funny :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

105…that is super hot. no doubt about that. I love hot weather and do my best in the 90 plus temps. Anything colder and I get slower LOL but tipping into 105 even I start to melt then.

you dream of ribeyes just proves you are a carnivore to the very core!

:joy: :rofl: I’ve been sleep typing.

yea we know when we truly need some salt. your body feels it and it registers and we eat it and feel great :slight_smile: I get that.

I just bought some pink Himalayan salt the other day.

It seems like my newest order of Redmond salt has a lot of minerals in it…that it is ‘crunchy’ and not a good crunch. It is like the ‘rocks’ I just find distressing in this batch. being mined from the old sea bed in dirt I know gives it some ‘dark specks’ in it…mineral rock grains I guess? and I found the last order I got has been ‘crunchy’ and not a good crunchy so I hit the store a bit ago and bought some fine pink Him. salt.

I find I like it very much. Don’t know about the ‘value of it’ in any terms yet. I gotta go read up on it a bit I guess.

Challenge going very well.
Holding clean carnivore.

food was about a 10 oz ribeye steak. a bunch of delish shrimp with alfredo sauce for dipping. about a 1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty.

Scale dropped a bit more. The more I eat the more I seem to lose. Always loving that :slight_smile: Very happy with my current stats right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well~!

Just received my first order from White Oaks Pastures. They are featuring Dr. Saladino and those 2 sisters (haven’t checked them out yet) on the 14-15th this month. It will be a carnivore weekend there. If I lived anywhere near there I’d love to go.

We compared their grass fed beef fat with grain finished and there is a big difference in taste. I can’t wait to try their Paleo burger that is 60% organ blended in. :smile:

Wow Renee that is fab you got your first order from White Oaks.

I think bob is the only person I know on the board that is kinda close to White Oaks. It is still a good drive for me, about 7 hrs. I sure wish I could do it also. I would love a ‘carnivore weekend event’.

Enjoy your meats!!

food yesterday was low and crappy

5 link sausage
10 chicken wings
2 chunks cheddar

What kind of carnivore eating is that?? Just a lousey food day.

woke up hungry.

will attack a giant ribeye later. need beef, must have beef LOL

I had been hoping to go but had a visitation schedule change up so can’t. Hopefully someone on here will and report back. Maybe it’ll become an annual thing.

yesterday food was

10 oz ribeye steak
1 lb. of jumbo shrimp with alfredo sauce for dipping

2 fresh pecans

and I went Dirty Carnivore…yea on 2 stupid pecans.

Never liked them. My kid was eating them so I wanted to ‘taste’ them again. OMG so bitter to me. So off putting to my taste buds. Yup I hate them and to me they taste full of some bad crazy toxins or something LOL So I wanted a taste on those just to see and yea I saw I despise them nasty things HAHA

today I will finish up my last ribeye I have defrosted, I think putting a chuck roast into the crockpot will hold me a few days. Where’s the Beef? At my house :slight_smile:

(Cheryl) #355

Weekends. Bah humbug! 2 words… butter tart. ARG!!! I am SO looking forward to the post-Holiday season. So many functions to attend for a newbie carni. My training wheels are so wobbly!