Chef John's Tuscan Black Pepper Beef

(Sophie) #1

This looked so good, I added it to my gotta make it list!

That looks great. Let us know if you try it.

(Sophie) #3

It might be a bit…my list is looooong! :smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4

I’m making these this week.

I’ve got an extra slab of beef in the freezer and the kids are heading out of town Thursday so it’s 3 days to experiment! I’m thinking I might make a version of this myself, maybe in the crock pot, maybe in the old Belgian pot I love to slow cook in… hmmmm
3 days to try recipes that I can spice however I want… I’ll miss 'em but this could be fun.

Happy Thanksgiving Y’all

In progress :smiley:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #7

again with the feet pic. lol

(Sophie) #8

Beautiful! Definitely leave a review. I’m going meat shopping here soon and short ribs are at the top of the list!!!

(Sophie) #9

@barefootbob If ya got it, flaunt it! No shame here. :wink:

I really liked the beef. I don’t think I’ll use chuck roast again, though. I made a couple of changes no sage, and used dried rosemary, and cooked low temp in the oven after initial simmer.
I’ll make it again but stick closer to original recipe.
Right now I’m simmering carrots in the leftover liquid. :slight_smile:

I hope @rustyk61 realizes the gauntlet is down and now I have to find a way to have my feet in every single pic I post to the forums. :laughing:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #12

You may have started a trend.

(Teresa Coffman) #13

We made it last weekend and it was AMAZING! I made a cauliflower mash to serve it on.
I stuck to the recipe but doubled the garlic. The short ribs were so nice and fatty it melted and made the most delicious, rich gravy.