Cheesy butter

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1

Grilled and buttered mozzarella. Not glamorous but it is so yummy.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Oopps. Is this in the wrong category? I was shooting for What did you Keto today.

(Short224) #3

I’m drooling what exactly did u do ?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

Usually I use cheddar, better consistency. In this case it was two slices of string cheese, divided in half. Put in oven and set on “grill.” Halfway through, several pats of butter. Wait till edges get brown. Then douse in salt - and enjoy. It didn’t come out as crispy as I would like - I think that has to do with the consistency of the string cheese. I’ve noticed several mentions of using cheddar I believe as taco shells. I think cheddar comes out crunchier.

Melted mozzarella is amazing. It’s pretty oily on its own though.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #6

Are you saying butter was overkill?:scream: Heresey!

No, just messy. I’d still try it. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

@Nebulous Even pre-Keto, cheesy butter, or buttery cheese, was my go-to death-defying act. If I had the budget, and a personal chef, I would make the perfect ribeye carnivore, but I have neither. I was just obeying the Keto Gods who say “eat to satiety!” And believe me, I was so satiated, I left a few bites. And yes, big forum confession here, it was a (wait for it) snack. Yes, a before-dinner snack. You see, the first seven weeks of keto, I had absolutely no appetite and had to force food down (no idea why.) Then, around seven weeks, woke up and thought “Hey, lets eat!!” So I now have an insatiable furnace to stoke. P.S. Your pic and name are my favorite on this forum - been waiting for the honor. (PPsssttt, don’t tell the others:grinning:)

Now I really want to try it.

Aww thanks <3

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Aww, Regina! I was just getting ready to go to bed. Drooling on the pillow makes me uncomfortable! And I don’t have any mozzarella or cheddar at the moment. . . :frowning:

Guess I’ll just have to haul out the Brie . . . (sigh) :grinning:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

@PaulL Never had Brie. But it is next on my list!