Cheese tacos rule

(Danielle) #1

So good. Chicken tacos. Tacos are made of cheese.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #2

Yes please, I’ll take 2.

(Jessica K) #3

What method do you use to make them? I tried baking but they did notttt come out right :joy:

(matt ) #4

You have to bake them longer than you think you would…blot off the grease and let them cool in the shape you want.

I make them in a little frying pan. It needs to be really hot, and they need to be pretty well cooked on the first side before you flip them.

(Danielle) #6

@Jessica we have tired baking them and doing them in the fry pan and both work well. The current method we use is in the microwave. It works really well and is very quick. My partner makes them so I’m not sure how long they are in the microwave for. I will find out and get back to you

(Jessica K) #7

Interesting! Microwaves seems like it’d be a hell of a lot easier than anything else

(Bobbie Jo Stinger) #8

They do indeed RULE.

There’s a place in NYC that sells these. I still haven’t gone, but I’m dying to.

(Danielle) #10

It’s on our list to visit when we go to NYC

(Jessica K) #11

Any update on how you use a microwave? We’re going to try to make these again tomorrow night and I’m thinking of trying a new method.

(Danielle) #12

Oh yeah, we do them for about 3 mins on high. I recommend just watching them and experimenting as to how long it works for your microwave. You have to get them in shape really quick. We tend to stand two water bottles close to each other and curl it up between them.

(AnnaLeeThal) #13

I think I’ll try cheese taco shells to use for my beef tongue.

(Christina Hansen) #14

Gotta go try the queso shell at Los Tacos No. 1!

Use parchment paper and experiment that way. Mix cheeses, too!

(matt ) #16

Yes parchment paper is a must!

(Chris Andersen ) #17

Spot on Jessica. I put 60 gms of mozzarella cheese onto a glass plate, in a conical heap, and microwave for 90 seconds. When cooled a bit they peal off easily. Glass plates seem to work best because they don’t get as hot as ceramic.

(Jessica K) #18

Great thank you!

(Vladaar Malane) #19

Made that today, wife and I both like shells made from cheese. Nice.

(Victoria Mc Coy) #20

I used @carl 's recipe which you can find here:

Cheese shells were fantastic! What a lifesaver for a taco-craving. @Dandoesketo - yours turned out beautifully! :taco: