My easy go to high fat meal. Cheese sauce, which you could put on anything, I often poor over veg.
Stir fry veg (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms etc) in butter and MCT oil. Could steam if you’ve already had a lot if fat.
Then add in a cheese sauce.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese or soft goat cheese (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or hard cheese of choice (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- pinch of sea salt, if needed
- 2 tbsp water or more cream if you need to thin it down
I normally put in a small amount of cheddar to thicken, and the rest with Parmesan cheese.
Put ingredient in a pot/pan, low heat and stir until smooth and combined.
Add salt/pepper, you can also add dried or fresh herbs to give an Italian flavour, or a little mustard.
One thickened, poor over vegetables / meat.
Very quick, easy and awesome.
I often roast a whole chicken. As it’s easy, check in oven for 1-1.5 hours.
Cut the breasts off to eat warm with veg, take the rest of the meat off to eat cold, or stir fry with other meals, then boil the carcass to make stock, and freeze it in smaller containers.
But could replace with any other meat or fish.
Honestly, this cheese sauce is as good as any one with flour in my opinion.