Cheat day

(Heather Bryant) #1

So I am in Florida with my aunt and when I got here yesterday she took me to lunch. The place wasn’t very Keto friendly. I ordered a turkey burger but couldn’t really take the bun off. It was a mess! I ate it and thought it would kick me out of Ketosis. I tested this morning (ketone strip) and where I usually read at 160 large amount I tested at 30 moderate amount. Am I still in Ketosis?? Also that meal was 20 hours ago and I’m still not hungry. Guessing I’m good right??

I just order burgers without the bun and eat with a fork. Yesterday I went to a taco place and they did not even bat an eye when I asked for the tacos without a shell. When you ask for it like this, there is no temptation to eat the carbs and I swear they give you a larger portion/ more generous toppings (like bacon/ avo/ etc) so it doesn’t look like a puny serving. Win, win!!
As for whether or not you got kicked out of ketosis, if you did, it was probably only briefly, so no worries!

(Heather Bryant) #3

I thought bout ordering without the bun…I should have. I don’t usually bother with it much because I always just take it off but when I tried to take this one off the whole thing started to fall apart hahaha

(matt ) #4

It will be fine. Bump in the road. But really. Order no bun. They don’t care at all.