Changing it up

I’m very interested in LowFiiZC and I need to do more reading on which proteins sources are lower stimulators of insulin.

I’m fasting at the moment, but the idea of eating ground beef and egg yolks is soooooo appealing. :smile:

(Ril) #22

I avoided any protein on the food insulin index (i utalized info from a blog article…ill try to find tge link fir you…) that was above 20 fii

I excluded beef,pork,poultry for most of the month. I ate beef a few times as ground beef made into burgers and i made scotch eggs. I did it to see how i handeled the higher fii . I noted that the sluggishness was lifting through the month.

I ate mostly fish and lots of eggs most days. being female and 4 foot 11 my daily protein needs are smaller than most people. So i was eating between 40 and 60 g of protein a day and filling in calories to my typicacal calorie window of 1100 cals to avoid eating a large caloric def for too long. I didnt want my body to get used to smaller amounts of food and mess up my metabolic rate for fuel.

This month I’m eating more beef,some fish and 4 eggs a day at about 70 g of protein a day

(Ril) #23

and when you are done fasting…yes the groud beef on soft boiled runny yolk eggs is delicious! So satisfying too satiety wise

Are you using the Food Insulin Index from the link below?