Chaffles break stall/gain! How weird!

(Deb) #1

It’s been a while since I posted (tho I’ve lurked occasionally!). I started carnivore early this year, which usually kept me around 145ish mark/size 8 jeans, which is ok but it’s been like that for quite a while, with a lot of ups and downs scale-wise.

And i could never quite feel 100% satisfied, even eating lg quantity of meat.

Anyhow, in researching here on something new/different to try, I found chaffles. So thought I’d try them for a change. And i loved them so much, i eat them for breakfast AND dinner! So fast and easy. I figured anything that good would eventually put more weight on. I had been up to 147.
Amazingly, after 10 days or so, I dropped to 140.2 +/- an ounce or 2, and have STAYED there! And I’m full until after the next meal. Before, I could never be satisfied, never got that really full-belly feeling! That is why (I think) I constantly fell off the wagon.
So, I don’t know why or if it will last, but right now, it shows no sign of stopping!
My go-to chaffles (2 belgian size each meal) is melted butter over then sprinkled liberally with ground cinnamon/Swerve.

Also, no change in exercise, meds or anything else.
Hope maybe this helps someone else trying to breal their stall.

(Deb) #2

And my ketones skyrocketed. Consistently over 4.0.

(Bob M) #3

Choline? Or something else in the eggs? Cheese? Butter (high(er) in saturated fat)?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

I would suspect that the extra fat is helping with satiety.

If I may ask, what Chaffle recipe do you use? I just ordered a dash waffle maker! I also think it the addition of more fat to your diet that has made the difference.

(Deb) #6

I use the 1 egg/ 1/2 c finely shredded cheese per chaffle. I tried the mozzarella that most call for but now use mexican blend.

I’m sure the extra fat helps satiety. But cheese/dairy usually packed lbs on me.

Who knows! I don’t even really care why! As long as it continues!

(Jane) #7

Maybe just mixing things up did it!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

May I just say here that the word “chaffle” just drives me berserk? Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

And purely by the way, do you pronounce it with a short ‘a’, as you would normally according to the rules of English pronunciation, or do you pronounce it with a longer ‘a’ to rhyme with “waffle”?

(Bob M) #9

I do ch aah full. The “a” as in “ack”

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Thanks for this posting. I have done a few chaffles in the past, but was using a George Foreman with waffle plates, makes huge chaffles.

I just got a Dash mini yesterday and was wondering if being so waffle deprived for so long, if I might run into loving them tooooo much. Hopefully my result will be as good as yours.

(Deb) #11

I agree with “waffle deprived”! In my SAD days (and out-of-town cheats!), I could eat 2 whole chocolate chip pecan waffles at Waffle House!

The waffle maker I just bought is Belgian size (and does the “flip” thing!).

I hope it works for anyone who tries it. It IS kinda like an egg fast, although in the past, my egg fasts have included a LOT of cheese, which totally derailed it.

Thanks! And definitely just roll with it! Congratulations:)