Ceviche

What to do when out at a Mexican place? First, send back the chips. Second, order the ceviche! It’s fantastic.

For the uninitiated, it’s fish/shrimp that has been “cooked” in lime juice for a couple of hours. Then they mix in a little pico, a bunch of cilantro, and slice an avocado on top.

(Ethan) #2

Sadly, I have had BAD luck with civiche. They often throw fruit in it or some sugar in the sauce in chain restaurants. I know this because it causes a glucose spike and kills ketosis the next day for me

That’s disappointing.

(Ethan) #4

It was very disappointing. I purposely avoided the “mango ceviche,” and ordered instead regular civiche. They like to put oranges in there still. It must have some sugar. I instead have great success with carne asada instead. Substitute rice and beans out for extra guac and sour cream. Limit the fajitas and don’t eat the tortilla. Alternatively, I have found no issues with mariscada.

They also usually have a “choriqueso,” which is just a big blob of sausage and cheese with some jalapeno peppers mixed in. I like to dump the salsa in there too.

(Ethan) #6

Yep. I don’t eat pork, so that’s a no go for me, but plenty good for others.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #7

I love good CEVICHE. Best I’ve ever had was at Cuban restaurant in mexico.